DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:52 pm
The Library.

Bookcases of rich black oak tower up to the ornate ceilings taller than many of the tree’s whose wood they bear. Each holds the works of many a great mind, all in tightly bound leather books with careful calligraphy and gilded inks.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The floors are filled with rich red carpet, muffling all sound to encourage a silent environment for the minds who gather by the fire place, lounging on large leather chairs and couches with carefully.

However it is the table in the middle of the library that holds its greatest treasure.

A single huge black leather book lay open waiting for the adventures to be written in it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:53 pm
The Book: The Life Giver

When there was a perfect peace in the world there was a great tree, reverently called the Life giver by those of speach who lived in it. It was a great tree whose roots held the continets in place and whose branges flowed across the sky in graceful motions with a constant soft breaze.

In the heart wood of this tree Dragons of all sizes and types made their homes, each living in perfect peace and tranquility with it's neighbor, be they a flyer or a swimmer.

However as all things do, this time of prosperity and peace was changed, or rather, shattered with the teeth of fueding brothers.

A pair of cluch-mates had both taken intrest in a single female, who had no intrest in either but instead chose a third party, still the two became frusterated as to who would have won her attention had the third not come in. Before long, teeth were bared and a fight broke out between the brothers, wings torn and scales ripped, the fight turned deadly. The fight soon drew a crowd as the dragons all became intrigued at this oddity (most having never seen bloodshed) and circled around the pair, each dragon drawing an alliance to one or the other.

Finally one of the brothers was killed.

With rage the dragons all turned on each other, a war broke out in the great tree and it was in no great time that the tree and a good deal of the dragons were killed.

Now the world is filled with chaos. Volcanoes fill the air with harsh smoke only fire breathers can tolerate, earthquakes upset the flyers and fire-breathers. Tsunamis, while playground to the swimming dragons, reek havoc on the other types and all the while the trunk of the great tree rots away.

It was then that...

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 pm
The Fortune

When the tornados spin backwards and the blood stains are gone,
and the singer of silence sings the worlds oldest song,

When the black sky is lightened with hope from the land,
and the mountains are humbled by a single white lamb,

When the snow of the volcanoes is flawlessly white,
then the seeds of misgivings will turn into life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:55 pm
The Rules

Well lets start this out by saying they're not really rules but I couldn't think of a better name for them. Though I do expect us to all follow the Gaian TOS.

There is one exception to that statement though. I do expect you to try to be literate and use some sort of OOC when OOC, as well as follow some of the guidelines for the other areas of the thread.

The Library is hopefully going to be filled with a series of RPs with tight plots (well slightly predetermined plots as mentioned in the preview of each new book,) where there is a goal that must be obtained. When this goal is obtained and strings have been tied to the majority's satisfaction the story will be closed and a new one will begin.

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 pm
Character Set-Up

Gaian Name: (nicknames too if you have one.)
Name:(Can be anything, please be creative though.)
Age: (Average lifespan is about 2000 years. 200 begins mating age, 1500 ends the mating age.)
Gender: (At a young age undecided is acceptable. Dragon's don't need to have a sex until later in their life.)
Description: (Lists are excepted though paragraphs are perferred.)
Family: (May be N/A but if wanted and previously decided may be posted.)
History: (Any length is appreciated)
Motivation: (Why do they want to complete the goal?)
Picture: (Completely optional. Although I here we have a pet store in our forum where dragons are being sold. It might be a good chance to show yours off.)

Once the story is underway if you wish to join please PM me your character and I will add it. At that point you may join at any opening you see fit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:29 pm
Characters

Gaian Name: DarkWyvernwings
Name: Dark Sparks (Dark for short)
Description:
EX List:Wings: Black
Horns: Down neck and two spiraling ones on the top of her head.
Eyes: Amber
ect...
Paragraph: She has wings like ebony flowing fluidly down her back, great amber eyes that turned to pure gold when she let loose a stream of flame, flashed in the light giving warning that this was her sunbathing rock.
Spikes lined her back, tail to nose, with two tall spires of horns lifting gracefully above her ear holes.
Her claws were as dark as pitch and her teeth as white as ivory, her hind legs curled up behind her and her wings lay flat on either side as she took in the slight sun on the volcanoes top. A slight thrumming escaping her throat at the feel of the hot sun on her scales.
Family: (N/A, no mate or conection to sire or dame.)
History: Born long after the fall of the tree, all Dark Sparks has ever known was fighting. For land or mate or even a sunbathing rock. Still she has resently turned to the age of mating and the idea that her chicks will have the same scars as she does frightens her. She worries for the fate of dragons as their numbers decrease by the day.
Motivation: Wants a safter world for her chicks.
Picture: In my signature, but no front legs. She's a wyvern.

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:17 pm
Reserved. Cause lets face it. I'm probabbly forgetting something. Oh and don't let the big talk intimidate you. I do love a well organized RP, but if there isn't some chaos it's just not worth it. 4laugh  

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:02 am
I curl up in a chair by the fire, cracking open an old worn book. The solitude of the library is nice, but I find it a bit lonely. Still my curousity peaks as I find that the book I've opened ends only a page into it.

"How very strange." I mutter, caressing the pages with my finger tips, as if maybe the stroke of them might make more words surface. And then it does. A picture of a wyvern forms on the page, her wings streached out like she's sunning herself. Startled I drop the book and take a step back, but the world is spinning a bit.

((Whistles and waits for other people. You can make your charater up later, for right now just be you 4laugh ! Nothings happened yet and it doesn't have to until a group of people show up.))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 am
Gaian Name: bleeding rainn
Name: rain wanders
Description: soft flowing gold hair tied neatly, gentle light blue eyes large enough to capture anything of interest in the world, a staff to generate magical forces that she doesn't even understand, and curiosity that would rival the greatest scientist or philosophers.
Family: orphan
History: all she had growing up is a sparkling blue book, and a history unknown to her. hoping she may discover who she is... she turns to the book, and on it's first page a picture of giant tree surrounded with dragons, and below it a large book..
Motivation: to discover who she is, her family, and the reason why the book was given to her..
Picture: to follow! xd  

bleeding rainn

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

bleeding rainn

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:47 am
i enter the great library, drenching wet of the rain that has poured suddenly. tired of the travel i have underwent, i stand still.. grappling the reason why i came to this place.

"oh yeah, the book.." i muttered to myself. slowly i opened the book i was carrying, it's intricate blue covering still wet from the rain. and the first page showed what i already have memorized in my mind, a great big tree, dragons everywhere, and below it a picture of a book... not the book i was reading but something else.

as i looked away from the book and finally seeing the library itself, a sense of overwhelming wonder and awe engulfed me- and at the same time, dismay... there were a lot of books to look at.

suddenly, from quite a distance, i hear the unmistakable sound of a book dropping.

wide-eyed i realized i wasn't alone, and following instincts unknown of me, i slowly approach where the sound came from..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:40 pm
The room was spinning harder now, and faster. I hear something on the far side of the library... But no I can't. I can't hear that well. No one can. Well no one human. I sniff a bit and smell rain reaking a sence of neuansee in the stale air filled with leather and paper.

Smelling rain??

I drop to my knees as the room spun harder yet, rocking back and forth now. My arms feel like jelly. My eyes look for something still to focus on and then I see the book, perfectly still in this spinning world. I reach out to touch it and as my hand touches the picture my delicate fingers turn into the talons of the beast. I try to pull my hand back but it's too late now. The world lurches once more and I fall into the book.

My scales flare up with a start. Something wasn't right. A set of memories filled my mind that just couldn't be true. Soft skins with no dragons? Hair like a deer on skin like a slug? What kind of odd world was that.

No wait. It was the lack of humans thats odd. No humans in this world of dragons? What was a human?

My mind fought with itself as it tried to figure out what was happening.

I let out a roar, no a gutter of flame with a roar in it. The wind picks up around me as I beat my huge wings in panic and dismay.

Two me's? How could this be? Are we us? Are we crazy?

((When you think of a dragon form to your human one edit it and I'll add it to the charater list. wink 4laugh ))  

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

bleeding rainn

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 am
(sure! have to find one first.. sweatdrop , i'll get right at it! )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 am
((If you want I'll add that one anyway. There will be other rps where you can be a human. This is just not one of them.))  

DarkWyvernwings

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
Mansion RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items