Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:04 pm
Copy-pasted from my post in another Smash Bros guild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BioGaB4G2gk
So with the rise of this video (showing off some good alternating grabbing), the Climbers have been getting a lot more attention. There have even been mentions of the possibility of a ban. Do, do you think that it may be actually possible that a character is banned from tournament play? (Directed more towards tournament-goers): If a character ban is carried out, will this change your opinion on tournaments?

I personally think that a ban will not happen, but if it does, I wouldn't be completely surprised. I would lose a lot of respect for competitive play, being an IC mainer.

PS: Will this shut you people up who think ICs suck?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:48 pm
IC's never sucked. Chudat for the win.

Anyway, I think they'll ban moves before they ban characters. That's just wishful thinking I guess.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Link-Hayashi
Vice Captain

8,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:48 pm
They'll most likely ban moves first.

I know they banned Peach wall bombing in tournaments where I live for Melee. But Peach was never banned altogether.

Imma Peach player.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:00 pm
I think the game is really well balanced and I don't like them banning things. Only things that are glitches should be banned. Things that weren't intended and somehow came up.  

Lahlooooouh

Mokie7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:54 pm
oh man, I love Ice Climbers. I gotta learn to do this  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:42 pm
Yeah, they'll ban moves before characters, but how can you ban a chain grab? Not an easy thing to ban.
I think everything will be fine unless this progresses even more. I mean, think about it... an inescapable 0%-death combo, that really isn't that hard to do? Everyone will end up learning how to do it, and it will be ICs auto-win technique. It's very hard to avoid being grabbed with the buffed shield-grabbing.

I mean, I can already pretty much do this after about an hour of practicing. I can see it getting very popular.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:52 pm
Melomaniacal
Yeah, they'll ban moves before characters, but how can you ban a chain grab? Not an easy thing to ban.
I think everything will be fine unless this progresses even more. I mean, think about it... an inescapable 0%-death combo, that really isn't that hard to do? Everyone will end up learning how to do it, and it will be ICs auto-win technique. It's very hard to avoid being grabbed with the buffed shield-grabbing.

I mean, I can already pretty much do this after about an hour of practicing. I can see it getting very popular.

It's like the same thing with Wobbling. I remember when that was borderline banned for a long time, and then they allowed it. Wobbling is hard to pull off though. How would you compare this chain grab to wobbling in difficulty to pull off?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal

It's like the same thing with Wobbling. I remember when that was borderline banned for a long time, and then they allowed it. Wobbling is hard to pull off though. How would you compare this chain grab to wobbling in difficulty to pull off?

Oh, God, wobbling is extremely easy. This technique is waaaaaay harder to do, but still doable. Wobbling you can master in like 30-60 minutes. My point is just that this technique can be done by most people, and most people will want to learn how to do it. If that happens, we'll just end up seeing everyone using ICs. Luckily you can't do it on another IC player, though.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

y1p33y0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:53 pm
They were so awesome in Melee, but they suck in Brawl. Or well they dont suck, but compared to how they were in Melee, they suck.

But I will forever be an Ice Climbers fan biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:26 pm
Lanzo Kuryuu
They were so awesome in Melee, but they suck in Brawl. Or well they dont suck, but compared to how they were in Melee, they suck.

But I will forever be an Ice Climbers fan biggrin

The video bigs to differ. Their chain grabbing has been massively improved, just minus wobbling.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:33 am
I posted this in the video section, but here's a short video of me practicing alternating throws. This was after an hour of practicing, so I've gotten better at it since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqT8QunuBb8  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff