Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gang Crisis VS Reality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undead Goth Inc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:02 am
i was wondering if any one know if there is a goth gang, like since they have the stupid crips and bloods, and the KKK if you want to get technical, like i find the whole gang stuff just the stupidest thing in the entire world, what the dam point of it any way, oh look ur on my turf, who gives a s**t, like really, people are free to walk where ever they ******** they want, maybe beside keep out places, LOL, but thats not my point though, the thing is, what up with the gang crisis and the reason for them, like come one, grow a brain tumor or something and lay off the drugs  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:50 am
The reason for the Bloods and the Crips is simple...

Poverty = Crime = Gangs Forming to protect the neighbourhood = secularity = turf = turf wars.

The KKK are not a gang.  

Rellik San
Crew

Undead Goth Inc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:08 am
well i understnad that much but i dont even get the idea of it

and yes i know the KKK isnt a gang, my friend was being a retard  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:26 pm
Here they form gangs to survive, your gang is your family, you fight if someone steps on your "turf" as if it's your home. here the outside is amny gang members homes anyways. The ATB and the $ are the 2 "big" gangs here. The goth or punks or emos..well all of us we stick together like one as well. No names just a huge groups of us that go many places together.  

Nikki the Juggalette

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:03 pm
none that are big enough to get noticed. i run with a pretty tight crew but we're spread out over the whole city. generaly non-violent(well outside fo moshpits) and only comit a few public indecency, drug use, and public intoxication infractions rather than real crime. also no turfwarring with us because we get allong with all the other goth kids in town anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:09 pm
The KKK was social. The Bloods and the Crips are economic/geographic.

The goth movement was built around music and aesthetic. No such thing as a goth gang, nor does the goth culture relate itself to gang culture. I'm sure out there that there would be some crazy gang who all wear goth-influenced clothes, but it'd be rare at best. No ties to the goth culture itself.  

GilAskan
Crew

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:42 pm
GilAskan

The goth movement was built around music and aesthetic. No such thing as a goth gang, nor does the goth culture relate itself to gang culture. I'm sure out there that there would be some crazy gang who all wear goth-influenced clothes, but it'd be rare at best. No ties to the goth culture itself.

and if there was, that'd be really stupid. like, what is there to fight over? music?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 pm
I thought goths found physical violence useless. I do know there are goths who label themselves as neo-nazis, but the only violence the subculture follows (that I know of) is verbal.

Kostbarer Alptraum

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:09 pm
Kostbarer Alptraum
I thought goths found physical violence useless. I do know there are goths who label themselves as neo-nazis, but the only violence the subculture follows (that I know of) is verbal.

Depneds on the type of place you grew up, where your at, and what your fighting for.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:51 am
As far as I know peer pressure and lack of positive guidance...and in some cases boredom start your average street gang. mrgreen
Though because of the all-black attire thing, many people I know have been mistaken for gang members.  

AdrianaKitten

Undead Goth Inc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 am
Ayame_Rikimayu
GilAskan

and if there was, that'd be really stupid. like, what is there to fight over? music?

ya you do all have a point, and ya what would we fight over, sounds lame on how i came up with this convo,  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:43 am
Dark PacMan
Ayame_Rikimayu
GilAskan

ya you do all have a point, and ya what would we fight over, sounds lame on how i came up with this convo,

a theoretical goth gang would have to fight other non-goth gangs over some stupid issue or other as every town would at most have one gang of goths. the problem is gangs have a hierarchy and a leader and rhetoric. these things don't tend to appeal to the free-spirited individualist goth anyway.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm
Dark PacMan
i was wondering if any one know if there is a goth gang, like since they have the stupid crips and bloods, and the KKK if you want to get technical, like i find the whole gang stuff just the stupidest thing in the entire world, what the dam point of it any way, oh look ur on my turf, who gives a s**t, like really, people are free to walk where ever they ******** they want, maybe beside keep out places, LOL, but thats not my point though, the thing is, what up with the gang crisis and the reason for them, like come one, grow a brain tumor or something and lay off the drugs

Gangs exist..and always have existed as a supplement for a family. Most people who join gangs have some sort of bad relationships with their families..or no families at all. Which is why the people who join them tend to be outcasts of some kind. The guy who started the crips came from a broken neglectful home and so did many of the initial gang members. It's not about turf. It's about solidarity. Every human wants that..every human needs that. Sometimes the solidarity can be administered by an abusive "father" ie the gang leader. He provides for you but he abuses you. He'll love you if you display your love for him by commiting some criminal acts. Often this is due in part to the fact that these "families" are not balanced. They are often run by those of the same sex, race, or psychological profile. Almost all crime gang members are insecure or emotionally unstable which comes from lives of abuse or poverty. Think of the Skin head Neo Nazis in Maryland. The leaders go out looking for young teenager males who often fit the psychological profile of alienation and frustration. It works the same way with al qaida recruits. Most of these young males are angry, hungry, depressed and poor. They want to be part of something big. They want to make a change but they can't do it by themselves so they join a group that they think could make things better. Not all gangs are negative. Back before the fire department was govt funded, it was just a gang of rich guys who would put fires out for fun.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games