50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but not for a long time
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Teta the punisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:08 pm
We all know how the stargate works, so i wont even bother writing it.

Well, IS it ACTUALLY possable to contain a wormhole like that. They say all the time, its made of a highlt volatile and unstable element, surely the gate would rip it's self apart, or blow up under the huge amounts of energy passing through and arround it. A wormhole, being very energy filled obviously.

So, could it be done, could we create a wormhole that 'dialed out' to establish wormholes on other worlds.
Further more, could humans travel though it, im talking safely, not squashed.

Becuause, there is no atmosphere in there, no pressure, its like being in space... or at least, it should be.

So, is it possable, ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:53 pm
i think youre thinking way too much into this... youre thinking too much, my brain hurt just reading that xd xp heehee...
this is sci-fi, that means science fiction, as in not real, 3nodding !
sorry if i sound really negative, but with sci-fi, you cant think about it too much, otherwise your brain will hurt, like mine is... xp 3nodding ... hehe
-Merlyn-  

MerlynLover

Rhaella

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:17 pm
Teta the punisher

Further more, could humans travel though it, im talking safely, not squashed.

Becuause, there is no atmosphere in there, no pressure, its like being in space... or at least, it should be.

I believe the theory is that the atoms of the object are dematerialised at one end and rematerialised at the other, which removes those specific concerns. Of course, dematerialisation could be a problem in itself. xd

I'm reluctant to say either yes or no. I think that theoretically, if not yet, it will eventually become possible. But in practice is an entirely different story. Basically, I doubt it's essentially against the laws of physics. I'm not a physics major, though, so I can't exactly back that up. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:41 pm
Ok, lets review quickly, a wormhole litleraly is a rip in space. A folded chunk of time and matter, so when traveling through a worm hole, its insantatious travel. The problem with the stargate theroy is that they can turn it on and off when ever they want and make it go where ever they want. There are certan conditions a wormhole needs to exist, the first of which is the power thats only posible to generate in the heart of a star, so thats one strike against them. The second is a gravitational well with enough power to litarily BEND pace, so thats strike two. Finaly a LARGE area to consume, a wormhole that size is technicly improbable, but it COULD happen, so they win that point. The the other problem is that when a wornwhole shuts down, it litealy implodes, think a temporary blackhole. So no its impossible to do that, but then again they said it was impossible to create a blackwhole on earth and they were wrong about that.

So my ansewer is no, but like MerlynLover, I think your taking this to seriously. It is a show thats ment to be FUN, not REAL.  

Uber_Bunny

Squirrelfang

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Though I do understand your arguments, I don't think this question is truly answerable in the yes/no respect. I believe saying Stargates are impossible because physics says so is, in my mind, an example of extreme arrogance. Honestly, how much of the universe do we understand. How many possible universes could there be, and how much do we know about each ones. The cosmos are too complex for us to possibly sort out. (Maybe after a couple more epochs, we could make an attempt, if we last that long, but I don't believe any claim involving such topics can be truly be tackled as we are today. Thus, I don't think this question can be answered.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:52 pm
Uber_Bunny
Ok, lets review quickly, a wormhole litleraly is a rip in space. A folded chunk of time and matter, so when traveling through a worm hole, its insantatious travel. The problem with the stargate theroy is that they can turn it on and off when ever they want and make it go where ever they want. There are certan conditions a wormhole needs to exist, the first of which is the power thats only posible to generate in the heart of a star, so thats one strike against them. The second is a gravitational well with enough power to litarily BEND pace, so thats strike two. Finaly a LARGE area to consume, a wormhole that size is technicly improbable, but it COULD happen, so they win that point. The the other problem is that when a wornwhole shuts down, it litealy implodes, think a temporary blackhole. So no its impossible to do that, but then again they said it was impossible to create a blackwhole on earth and they were wrong about that.

So my ansewer is no, but like MerlynLover, I think your taking this to seriously. It is a show thats ment to be FUN, not REAL.

I shouldnt have read ur post. you just ruined the show razz
jk  

h4mx0r

Distinct Capitalist

1,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

icer190

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:04 pm
Accually... if you figured out a way to temporarily download the memories and thought and personalities of a person, you could then dissasemble them into molecules, or even to atoms, then reassemble them in the same order, then download all of the memories and thought processes.  
The Stargate Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games