Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Major Game Issues! D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:11 pm
Hi all.
So, I'm having huge problems with my game. And by huge, I mean it skips the whole startup intro, goes right to the loading screen, and promptly crashes. At first I suspected my CC (As I have mounds of the stuff), but once I removed it all, it was still the same. Then I figured it could have been that one of my sims2pack files was corrupt, as I downloaded one earlier today and it installed very oddly. But when I replaced my files with my backup ones (all CC removed) the game still wouldn't work. The backup files were made about a month ago, and it's been working perfectly until now, so there should be nothing wrong with them.
Now I'm wondering whether my compy has a virus of some sort, and whether I'm going to have to reinstall my game. Please, if someone has any ideas, could you give me a hand?
By the way, I don't use SimPE, nor do I use any large impact testingcheats.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:25 pm
Have you installed anything recently? A new EP or SP?

What are your computer specs? Is it a good enough computer to run Sims and any other EPs you have? (Remember that the requirements ont he box are only for the base game + the EP, so if you have extra EPs, you need more CPU power, and more RAM to run the game well.)

If it is not some CC interfering, the only thing I could suggest is to try moving your Sims 2 folder (in my documents) out of the EA Games folder and to the desktop then try loading up the game.

If that doesn't work, while you have your Sims 2 folder with all your information safely set aside, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Honestly, I don't know what the issue could be. eek Sorry I can't be of more help.  

Banana-nana

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff