Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
Stories, stories...and...stories!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fyrethil Fyrexetha

Demonic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:18 pm
HAHA!! I felt the need to post a story! I'll post another one later, when I'm NOT feeling so lazy xd

Ambush Amnesia

Aren Jesterson walked slowly along the high wall that he was "standing guard" over. He was a well-built man who had spent most of his time in the military firing a weapon instead of walking on a wall, but this served as a nice break from all that action. This night in particular was so silent it was eerie, and it had most of the other guardsmen on edge. The only one it didn't bother was probably Aren himself, given that he'd had to deal with combat situations more quiet than this. When people asked him how that was possible, he would only shrug and smile, not giving them any answer.

It wasn't the silence that had him on edge. No. The thing that had him on edge tonight was the fact that his superior would be arriving shortly to ask him some questions about an incident he had been involved in a few nights ago. This incident...he didn't remember much at all of it, the last thing he remembered was being with his team, and the next thing he knew, he was waking up in the infirmary of some random base.

Well, I suppose it's better than waking up in hell or heaven, which is where most of my squad ended up most likely...

That thought didn't go far, it felt wrong to think of his friends that way, especially after the many that he'd lost. Though after he woke up, he couldn't even remember his own name for a good four hours. Finally, after a nurse bopped him on the head for saying something vulgar, that memory came back to him...and the memory of who he was. Aren still wasn't sure if that particular memory came back with the name, or coincidentally at the same time.

The chill night was making him rather uncomfortable, and he felt the need to shift. So, as he turned around to pace the opposite direction, he pulled the shoulder strap of his rifle up a bit further onto his shoulder and continued his patrol.

Once he reached the turn-around point, he was stopped by his replacement for the night. One of the few known survivors of his squad, Jenson Cordelon was a very pleasant man to talk to. He was rather small, but strong for his size. Jenson was one of Aren's closest friends, and he was glad that at least he survived.

"Looks like the Colonel is here a bit early, Aren...just a forewarning...he might make you feel a bit uncomfortable with his scrutiny," Jenson said, his voice hushed. Aren could tell immediately that he was just on edge about the situation as himself.

"Thanks, Jenson...wish me luck..." he replied, his voice hushed as well.

"Good luck..." came the reply before Aren headed off toward the barracks.

The Colonel was outside the barracks waiting for him already, and the nurse who had cared for him while he was in the infirmary was standing there with him, speaking to him with a worried look on her pretty face.

"Colonel..." Aren stated and snapped to a smart salute.

The Colonel responded with a salute of his own and offered his hand, a slightly pleasant smile on his somewhat wrinkled face. "Good to see you Corporal," he said as Aren took his hand firmly and shook it. "I'm glad to see that you're fully mobile again. Now, I'm assuming you know why I'm here...and what I'm here to speak to you about."

Aren gulped audibly and gave a nervous and weak smile followed by a curt nod. "Yes, sir...I do." His stomach was in knots, and he could feel sweat starting to emerge on his forehead. Thankfully it was dark and the provided light wasn't bright enough to those little details with.

"The first thing I want you to tell me is where the ambush took place..." The Colonel would have stopped there, but he caught the stern look on the nurse's face. "If you can remember, that is..." he added quickly.

Aren furrowed his brow as he went into thought, trying his best to recall those memories that he'd lost. The hope that he could coax them back out was dashed when he drew a blank. "Sir...forgive me, but...I can't remember."

The Colonel only nodded grimly and sighed. "How many were in your squadron?"

That one he did remember. "Eight, sir, including myself."

The Colonel winced visibly. "That means that less than half of you survived that ambush...which is miraculous in its own right." He then sighed and looked Aren squarely in the eyes. "Now, Corporal...the nurse here tells me that you remember who you are, but not much at all of your LIFE...so tell me...does this look familiar?" He asked, and placed something in Aren's hand.

The object that he now held was a diamond ring that belonged to who was probably his wife. But he didn't remember...but...of all the things to forget...why her? He looked at the ring further, inspecting it with agonizing slowness. But he found something on the inside of the band, something that clicked in his mind. On the inside of the band, the words "Love you forever, Lina," were engraved.

Memories came flooding back into his mind, threatening to overwhelm him. But after only a few moments of shock, he came to.

"I remember..."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:44 pm
Another story, or chapter? that ending was pretty abrupt for just a story. I really liked this. biggrin Its intriguing... what did happen that night I wonder...  

SpunkyOtaku

Fyrethil Fyrexetha

Demonic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:51 pm
I wonder that myself, sometimes...never got around to writing it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:59 pm
Yes, I know what you mean. XD;; I sometimes wonder about my own writings.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas