Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:20 pm
King_Ace D
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
King_Ace D
I think the only way of being cheap is using the same projectile/projectile combo over and over again from afar (or turtling). This can be avoidable, but it's still considered cheap.

Characters that can be cheap if used in the manner are Pit (SSBB), Link (SSBB, SSB if no combos are succeded), Toon Link (SSBB), Falco (SSBM,SSBB), Fox (SSB), Mario (all games), Luigi (all games, but less efficient), R.O.B. (SSBB), Wolf (SSBB), and others I might not think of ...

Game Legend:

SSBB = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
SSBM = Super Smash Bros. Melee
SSB = Super Smash Bros. (For Nintendo 64)
All games = Cheap in all games.

I think we all know the Smash Bros abbreviations xp

But I wouldn't say Mario, Fox, Link, or Luigi can turtle well. All of their projectiles are easily avoidable, or not spamable. As for Fox, his projectiles have no knock-back, so it really doesn't prevent you from approaching at all.

My abbreviations were to casual players/noobs xp

Mario and Luigi are inefficient turtlers, but Link (SSBB) and Fox (SSB, not the other ones) can turtle quite cheaply. Link's turtle move is boomerang immediately followed by a arrow which can be difficult to handle. Fox's gun in smash bros 64 can knock you back.

Ah, my bad, misread the Fox part. My brain put another B in there xp

Well... I still find Link's projectiles to be pretty easy to handle. That could just be me, though whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 pm
I don't think there's such a thing as playing cheaply. It's just different strategy.  

king Hippo

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 am
King_Ace D
I think the only way of being cheap is using the same projectile/projectile combo over and over again from afar (or turtling). This can be avoidable, but it's still considered cheap.

Characters that can be cheap if used in the manner are Pit (SSBB), Link (SSBB, SSB if no combos are succeded), Toon Link (SSBB), Falco (SSBM,SSBB), Fox (SSB), Mario (all games), Luigi (all games, but less efficient), R.O.B. (SSBB), Wolf (SSBB), and others I might not think of ...

Game Legend:

Hey! wolf is my best charecter and im not cheap with him. i do realize though that you said if used in the manner. i personally think Pit is incredibly cheap. i think his moves were meant for spamming. Playing cheap could also depend on what stage your playing at. For example the original Mario Bros. stage. it could be considered cheap if all you did was overturn the turtles and crabs pick them up and continuously throw them at the enemy

by the way, i think Sonic should be added to the list. he CAN be cheap but ive gone against people online who were perfectly fair when playing as him  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 am
cmdood
King_Ace D

Game Legend:

Hey! wolf is my best charecter and im not cheap with him. i do realize though that you said if used in the manner. i personally think Pit is incredibly cheap. i think his moves were meant for spamming. Playing cheap could also depend on what stage your playing at. For example the original Mario Bros. stage. it could be considered cheap if all you did was overturn the turtles and crabs pick them up and continuously throw them at the enemy

by the way, i think Sonic should be added to the list. he CAN be cheap but ive gone against people online who were perfectly fair when playing as him

Sonic is such a pest, especially in FFAs.  

BeezyBalla

scooterdude34

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:28 pm
In Melee, my friend accused me of playing as Peach in a cheap manner, because I could keep him in the air without him getting a hit on me. But Brawl nerfed her. stare  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff