Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Have to transfer Sims to another computer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:19 pm
how could i resist? it's all i want...and now i guess i've got it.

So I'm moving in with my dad and I have to get all the Sims stuff that was on my mom's computer onto my dad's.

How should I go about doing this? just grab the EA Games folder and drag it onto a blank disc? Or will I lose it forever?

how it happened, i don't know...hope it doesn't last forever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:12 pm
Copy the entire sims 2 folder. Do you have a lot of downloads or more than one neighborhood?

If you have a lot of downloads, I'd say start over fresh. The only thing you'd absolutely need would be any custom skins and custom eyes. (If the custom skins are default replacement, then it won't hurt to take those out.) Anything else will revert to random Maxis meshes.

If you have any hacks that change major coding like Inteen, be sure to read all the stuff that comes with it. It asks you to terminate or complete all pregnancies before taking the hack out.

If you can, the best thing to do would be to just take the entire folder. I actually transfered my game over to another computer, and I put my entire sims 2 folder, downloads too, on a 4 GB USB drive.  

Banana-nana

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 pm
That's what I thought.

I have a lot of downloads, but I know where I got most of them if I had too many. Plus I have a few backed up on discs.  
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games