Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Cyberconnects... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyle Hyde

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Tokio Kuryuu
I love The World! ^^ I dont really play the game anymore since Vista keeps on killing it! XD If you're on my name is Sakuratears there.

ZOMG! o.O
For reals? Yer Sakuratears?
x3 It's a small world.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:30 pm
I thought they said somewhere that .hack//fragment was coming to America in 2010 or 2016. ninja The only reason that they're recalling in Japan is because someone hacked their character and he created his own Phases/Wave. ninja  

HeartSeeker Lea

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:44 pm
Quote:
I thought they said somewhere that .hack//fragment was coming to America in 2010 or 2016. The only reason that they're recalling in Japan is because someone hacked their character and he created his own Phases/Wave.

Well, whomever told you that obviously doesn't know how real MMO hacking works. If you wanted that to happen, you would have to simultaneously place the coding in any server the game is on, as well as make sure everybody else had it on their computer.

Also, it's not going to come out at all. It was canned in Japan because it flopped and was costing them more money to run the thing than they were making.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:57 pm
If you say so. *shrug*  

HeartSeeker Lea

Alistor_Strange

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:53 am
Epitaph Orealis
Quote:
I thought they said somewhere that .hack//fragment was coming to America in 2010 or 2016. The only reason that they're recalling in Japan is because someone hacked their character and he created his own Phases/Wave.

Well, whomever told you that obviously doesn't know how real MMO hacking works. If you wanted that to happen, you would have to simultaneously place the coding in any server the game is on, as well as make sure everybody else had it on their computer.

Also, it's not going to come out at all. It was canned in Japan because it flopped and was costing them more money to run the thing than they were making.

And your the expert on this then?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:52 pm
Quote:
And your the expert on this then?

No, but you don't have to be an expert to know how server-hosted online games work. If you've installed the game, then you should know that you had to download the graphics and textures. The entire game is on your machine, the only online part is the other players.  

Epitaph Orealis

Tokio Kuryuu

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:05 pm
Kyle Hyde
Tokio Kuryuu
I love The World! ^^ I dont really play the game anymore since Vista keeps on killing it! XD If you're on my name is Sakuratears there.

ZOMG! o.O
For reals? Yer Sakuratears?
x3 It's a small world.

lol who r u? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:32 pm
Like I've said a million and a half times, I don't believe .hack could
be accurately reproduced without losing its unique factor. If you
take out all of the extraneous happenings [like the wave, AIDA,
Cubia, Gomora, etc.] all you have left is really good music.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas