Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Naruto: Overrated or cool?(*cough*overrated*cough*)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:58 pm
After a debate in the welcome thread, I'm opening this thread for discussion. Dronze said Naruto was overrated, to which I agree, but there were differing opinions which sparked a page-long arguement. So, here you can vent your opinions. Violently. XP  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:05 pm
I don't see how this falls under serious debate. Isn't this place for like politics and philosophy or something?  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 am
Chaos, this should be in the anime forum. You FAIL.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:40 pm
Ahem. I quote Stratus.
xxstratus_affectionxx
perhaps the discussion forum might best suit this topic vs. the thread ment for welcoming out new members

Demonic Repentance

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:43 am
naruto is a ninja and ninjas inherintly suck a**. pirates on the other hand roxxorz your socxx0rz  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 pm
I'll be honest the wii version of naruto isn't to bad, the series goes on and on....its not that the anime sucks more or less the episodes could have more to it, I mean I want to know more.

Hate the cliff hanger episodes, and the movies they make on the side really throw you off.  

Ichise

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:53 pm
It depends partly on which version of Naruto you follow.

The Japanese anime and the books are passable, but not spectacular.

The American dub of the anime is horrible and thoughly irritating. Especially with Naruto yelling believe it and the end of every sentence.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:24 pm
mufftigg
It depends partly on which version of Naruto you follow.

The Japanese anime and the books are passable, but not spectacular.

The American dub of the anime is horrible and thoughly irritating. Especially with Naruto yelling believe it and the end of every sentence.

the english dub is well worth watching just pains me to watch it for long pd of time. Plus i want to see more of the 9 tale fox...  

Ichise

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm
Ichise

the english dub is well worth watching just pains me to watch it for long pd of time. Plus i want to see more of the 9 tale fox...

The problem with the english dub though, and this goes for many other animes as well, is that the english voice actors are chosen rather poorely, without much thought going into it.

Also, you do end up with translators and publishers changing things to make them more acceptable to another culture, which can end up make a decent anime horrible. (One example of this would be what happened with the various One Piece animes. They changed so many of the small details to make it less "offensive", and ended up with a pathetic shadow of the original anime.)

I'm not saying that the english dub shouldn't be watched. I'm just saying that after watching the original japanese version, the english one is horrible.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:45 am
mufftigg
Ichise

The problem with the english dub though, and this goes for many other animes as well, is that the english voice actors are chosen rather poorely, without much thought going into it.

Also, you do end up with translators and publishers changing things to make them more acceptable to another culture, which can end up make a decent anime horrible. (One example of this would be what happened with the various One Piece animes. They changed so many of the small details to make it less "offensive", and ended up with a pathetic shadow of the original anime.)

I'm not saying that the english dub shouldn't be watched. I'm just saying that after watching the original japanese version, the english one is horrible.

I agree to what your saying to one piece, they changed vioce actors and it was a horrible anime after that, then again i stopped watching it when they went to the clouds..lol  

Ichise

Agamum

Newbie Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:22 am
The idea of there being a hidden village somewhere where a group of elite fighters are trained is intriguing to say the least. Though the interest in the basics of the plot stop there when you find out they are all a bunch of kids. So if you are a hard core fan of realism this one is not for you for sure. Sense everything everyone learns is so out there no one in there right mind would believe it could happen in reality.

"lucky for you I am not in my right mind at the moment"

As for my personal opinion on the anime it has some strong points for sure but falls sort of being a great anime. The graphics are above average so I give them credit for maintaining quality with those huge screen shots.  
Fire_Wolf_Demoness rolled 20 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1 Total: 48 (20-80)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm
NARUTO! WHERE! I LOVE U NARUTO! *glomps*
as u can see I LOVE NARUTO! i think he is uber smexy! and anyone who flames about him shall PARISH IN AN ETERNAL FLAME OF MY WRATH!!!!
to all lovers, lwuvzez u!
to all flamers, have a nice last day breathing......
love, ninja dramallama ninja llama!

Fire_Wolf_Demoness

Ichise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:33 pm
Fire_Wolf_Demoness
as u can see I LOVE NARUTO! i think he is uber smexy! and anyone who flames about him shall PARISH IN AN ETERNAL FLAME OF MY WRATH!!!!

Thats deep.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:30 am
Fire_Wolf_Demoness

May this post speak of the intellectual quality of the average Narutard.

What idiot ninja wears a bright orange safety vest? Seriously?

And more to the point, this thread was long dead... why the sudden ressurection?  

dronze
Vice Captain

Agamum

Newbie Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:20 pm
dronze
Fire_Wolf_Demoness

May this post speak of the intellectual quality of the average Narutard.

What idiot ninja wears a bright orange safety vest? Seriously?

And more to the point, this thread was long dead... why the sudden ressurection?

I honestly wonder if you are truly genuine with your wrath this time or trying to make up for lost time. You see we have never met though many people have mentioned you sense I joined.

As for the fan base of Naruto fans having low iqs I wouldn't worry about it. The age range of people watching it are greatly diverse so there is much room for improvement.  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games