Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I have a question!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:59 pm
I have a question. Does anyone have a really good pattern for a plushie? Or know where I can find one?

I have this really nice, soft, velvety green fabric that I was going to use to make a pair of gloves, but it was too thin, but anyways, I still have a large chunk of it left, so I've decided to make a plushie. Maybe a frog one, or a green bunny! xp whee Anyways, I need a good pattern, anyone have one?  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:37 am
I was just in barnes and noble yesterday and they have several books on plushies. Doesn't help though if you weren't looking to spend any money. I just wanted to post something to your question. I don't like seeing unanswered posts! whee  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:57 pm
damnatio memoriae
I was just in barnes and noble yesterday and they have several books on plushies. Doesn't help though if you weren't looking to spend any money. I just wanted to post something to your question. I don't like seeing unanswered posts! whee

I have money, I just don't live near a barnes and noble store though, the closest one is in another state actually, xd . And the Wal Mart where I live has crap for patterns.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:40 pm
Ok, i have another question. I have this one pair of jeans that I like to wear a lot, but the denim is starting to get a little thin in spots and is starting to tear a bit. I've already patched them once, but it has another hole in it that I need to patch. Is there a better way to patch them so that they last longer, or should i just get rid of them?  

Kay-VW

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:52 pm
Here is a pattern for a frog "beanie." I made it with no beans though.

http://www.frogstore.com/frogbeanie.htm

As for the jeans-I have the same issue with some of my favorite pairs, but I don't have a solution-yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 pm
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dolls_clothes.php
You can get some doll patterns here.
Also if you go to the directory there are tons more cool project ideas there.  

everwonderwhy

opiel16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:07 am
Don't get rid of the jeans!
I make them into bags, and sell them. It's great, because I can get really cheap jeans at the charity shop I work at.
I even keep some of the coolest ones for yarn bags, and one fits my sketchbook perfectly! It's easy and really fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:03 pm
opiel16
Don't get rid of the jeans!
I make them into bags, and sell them. It's great, because I can get really cheap jeans at the charity shop I work at.
I even keep some of the coolest ones for yarn bags, and one fits my sketchbook perfectly! It's easy and really fun!

Oh, could you post a pattern? I actually have some denim scraps left over from a denim quilt I made that I wanted to turn into a tote bag or some other kind of bag.  

Kay-VW

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff