Reply Memorable Threads
Ask the ATer Archives! :D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Current ATer
Teh DCB

Hello! I'm Teh DCB, but you can call me DCB. I've been in the AT since late December of 2005, and I've been enjoying it very much. I really like to write: mainly poetry, but I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable with prose. Well, I don't want to give myself away, so I'll just let y'all ask questions for me. By the way, here are some of my avatars:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Sample Question: How do you decide what items go into your inventory?
Answer: Normally that is decided depending on what theme I am trying to go for at the time. If I am doing something bloody, I’ll load up on tattoos and various items that resemble blood drips or tears in the skin. Other than that I try to stock up on commons and update my wardrobe when there is a new store update.

Questions asked:

Teh DCB
Mrs.Popo Head
User Image
What do you think about the AT now that the dressing room has been created?
What's your favourite dessert?
What do you want to be when you grow up? ;D

I think it's a lot more cleaned up. Before the Dressing Room's creation, I had to search just to find a single "Rate me" or "I'll rate you" thread. Now, I can easily see all the different discussion threads, rate me threads, etc. etc.

My favorite dessert is ice cream (cake).

I'm not sure what I want to be specifically, but I do know that I hope to get a ph.D in psychology.

Teh DCB
Iokia
Credit me with some intelligence.
If not, just credit me.

Where do you get your inspiration? I mean, seriously. xd

Do you still get a lot of resistance with your avatars (people going ape-s**t on you for not following rules, for instance)? What was it like in earlier DCB days?

I come in value packs of ten
In five varieties.

User Image

I guess I get my inspiration from my head. xD I don't really have a specific place/thing that I get it from.

Sometimes I do, but it's not as big a deal. I was actually a matcher in early DCB days; however, I was still a little different because I was one of the only ATers who used the Zurg skin for a lot of avatars. The avatar on the front page with the Ice Gauntlet was one of my first Zurg-skin avatars.

Teh DCB
Sylwithia
What is your favorite item?
What is your favorite item combo?
How did you discover the AT?

User Image
Dionaesil

Dionaesil with The Experiment x}

By browsing through a mod's post history, I saw that she had posted in this forum called the Avatar Talk. I was interested in it, and I just stayed ever since. {In the beginning, I tended to stay in the Hardcore Ratings thread.}

Teh DCB
UnderworldTorrent

Have any major influences in the AT?
Any favorite TV shows?
pirate

User Image

Well, I like Tree because of her creativity with colorful non-matching avatars. They all have something different about them. I like you because of your creativity with man-whore avatars; it's like "How many man-whores can be made?" xP I like cc because she does her own thing without really caring what others think. I mean...Style-wise, I don't really have any "It's influenced by so-and-so." It's more like the way I think about my own avatars and developing my own style was influenced by so-and-so.

My favorite TV shows in no particular order: Lost, Charmed, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Medium, Evolve, The Universe, and The Tonight Show.

the best vignette
my question is

"why?"

why the AT [a place which in the past has been notorious for attempting to stamp out any glimmer of creativity in the name of matchymatchy uniformity]
why surrealism
and
why gaia

User Image

I think the AT is a very cool place. I think people simply have a misconception that everyone here is like, "Your greens are off; this avatar fails." Usually with all avatars, including matching, I find that people still try to make it creative and stylish.

I like it. x}

The people I've met are really cool, and there's always something to do here.

[Vomit King]

Hey DCB... Why do you like to make me look foolish and indecisive?

User Image

Silly, HoP! I don't make you look foolish and indecisive; you make you look foolish and indecisive...at times...I guess. o.O xD

Monsieur Moon
Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save

DCB,

I get funny feelings in my pants when I see you. redface

Why is this?

Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave

User Image

I'm awesome like that? User Image

Millennium Falcon
Which forum other than the AT do you most frequent?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if you were a woodchuck?

User Image

Besides the AT I usually frequent the Books Forum.

If I were a woodchuck and could chuck wood, then woodchucks would be able to chuck all the wood in the world.

TicTacsAreGoodForYou
If there was anything that you would want to change about AT, what would it be and why?

User Image
I would want to change extreme personal biases in the AT because I personally don't think rates such as, "Matching is bad, so this avatar isn't good." or "I don't like your avatar because it's simple." are good. I mean...I'm cool with comments such as "Because your avatar is so simple, it's a little boring." or "Your avatar isn't too good because it only focused on matching and not flow." Make sense?

DAFT-BOT
What's the lowest value of an avatar you've created that you were satisfied with? ;o

User Image
I'm actually not sure. sweatdrop

King Tearz IV
Kingy Says:

Are you surreal in real life like on gaia?

Would you rather have the [dionaesil](forgot what it's called) or an item worth over 500k and not aloud to own the [dionaesil]?

Kingy is Done

User Image
No, I'm not.

I would rather have the Dionaesil.

Taluria
>>;; Are you ever gonna update the AT HoF?

*luffs on*

User Image
I really want to update it, but I'm just too lazy. D=

I've thought about remaking it again with a mule so that I could have more than one person updating the thread.

Forgotten Mysteries
Hey DCB!! What are you favorite things to do?

What do you want to be when you get out of school?

What personality does your dream girl have??

User Image
My favorite things to do are write, read, and relax. x}

I already answered this question. :}

I'm not sure.

Mazidox
How are you?
Lemons or pickles?
Shall you always be a monster?
;D
<333

User Image
I'm good; thanks for asking. :}

Depends.

I really should make a normal matching avatar {human skin} without the Dionaesil or The Experiment and see if anyone notices a difference. xD

Mazidox
How are you?
Do you pick your nose in public?
Would you ride on a giant magical flying clam?

User Image
I'm good. Some of the streets here are flooded {waist-deep in some parts} because of Hurricane Ike; we're high enough, so my neighborhood didn't get flooded didn't get flooded. We only got the storm surge, though.

No, I don't.

Perhaps. xD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:51 pm
Current ATer
King Tearz IV

Why, Hello... I am King Tearz IV referred to by many nicknames. I've been in Gaia and the AT for almost a year now like 8 months. I'm most well known for Royalty which has been my thriving thread. I have many friends in the ATer, because they just rock I hope you learn a lot more about me along this week.
Here's some of my past collection:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Answer: Well, I do it either of two ways. 1) When I design an avatar, sometimes I feel there is something missing, then, I buy it. Simple! 2) When the admin add new store items, I ask myself, "Can I use that?" and if I feel I have enough coordinating items or colors in my inventory already, I'll get it. If not, I wait for type 1. xD

Questions asked:

King Tearz IV
How did you get your name?
Kingy Says:

I used to be tearsofdarkness when I was new to Gaia, but I started to noticed that it really had nothing to do with me cause it sounded like an evil person that hateds the world. Then I had Royalty at that time so I added King and IV so it didn't seem short.

Kingy is Done

slutfayse
what brought you to AT?
Kingy Says:

Really I just started Gaia an I was searching the AT and it's the only forum that I found that was well populated with nice people and just an all around place to be. Then I started to adapt to the AT and never leave.

Kingy is Done

Forgotten Mysteries
User Image

User Image

Kingsome, questions for you.

What brought you to the AT?

And why do you stay?

User Image

User Image
Kingy Says:

That's like swutty's question.

Why do I stay? Simply, because I love the AT and people who are here and no other forum could replace that.

Kingy is Done

Queeny-Chan
If you had a cat, what would you name it? User Image
Kingy Says:

Well I have a cat named Whiskers.

But I guess...Kaneko just, cause of you.

Kingy is Done

UnderworldTorrent

Tearz, do you have any main influences to your style here in AT?
Do you have anyone that you look up to?

What advice do you have for any new ATers?
Kingy Says:

yayy Torrie.

Actually not much I look up too in my style I try to go on my own thing.

I look up too a lot of people for their personality and avis just to name a few: Mazidox, You, Sawky, Winty, Snazzle, and Suitori

Well I'm kind of new, but just don't act like umm well like a newb cause these ATers around here don't like foolish trolling immature people prowling along the AT this isn't the GD you know?

I'm serious my thing won't load.

Kingy is Done

demondwarmeX2
QUESTION FOR KING
Will you smex me?
Kingy Says:

Get a sex change and will talk about it. User Image

Kingy is Done

fluff monster
    what's your favorite color to use in an outfit?
Kingy Says:

Sissy: My pictures won't load I dun get it.

I hate to say it, but probably red it is so unoriginal, but all the different shades and how it has a lot of items to play around with and really goes well with the colors on some avis.

Kingy is Done

[in.loving.suicide.]
User Image

question for king:

When you first came to the AT, who was the most intimidating ATer in your opinion?
Kingy Says:

[K!ng] by far because the first thing I clicked on I saw his avi right there and I thought to myself woah do all people have avis like that and I got all freaked out and doubted my skills for awhile.

Kingy is Done

The Original Communist
Oh, lawl.
xD

So I'm enjoying hearing your answers to the questions.
And I have a question:

How long did it take before you became considered an 'ATer'?
surprised
Kingy Says:

Well for me it was probably longer since when I joined I was like 12 and immature and didn't get the you know principles of Gaia or the AT. No exact length of time though.

Kingy is Done

UnderworldTorrent

D'aww~ <3

Favorite subject in school~?
Kingy Says:

Is Gym a subject lol?

But srsly... Probably Engligh/LA cause I love to write stories and write and write I love writing.

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

What about the AT makes you wanna stay here?
Kingy Says:

All the people and there pretty little outfits. The people here are just so much mature and nicer compared to other forums.

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

Tearz: What do you do for fun when you're not online? ninja

Queeny: Put them all up. ^_^ Perhaps I'll stop at my grandparent's house tomorrow and print it out so I can read it at work. ^_^

Kingy Says:

Either jumping on the trampoline, playing some football with my family, or hangin' with friends oh and sports lotsa sports.

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

Tearz: You're one of those huh? XD
Do you ever read books? If so, what's your favorite?

Kingy Says:

One of those what? Yesh I do not many, but I love the Redwall series by Brian Jacques almost finished it.

Kingy is Done

Niphz
User Image

Kingy, how often do you think about Gaia when you're not online?
Kingy Says:

A lot cause when I'm bored in class that's what I'm thinking of. Stuff to do on Gaia.

Keep these coming I really like answering these.

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

If you could steal any ATer's style for one day... Whose style would you steal?
Kingy Says:

Snazzle geeze I could fall in love with any of her avis.

I would also want to be badass like you.

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

It's a pointless question that makes you think. XD

If you had to wear one item forever... What would it be?
Kingy Says:

Oculus magica I love it to death.

I hate those kind of questions....XD

Kingy is Done

Prince 0f Cats

Kingy,

If you were to visit any three Aters & shadow their lifestyles for a day, who would they be and why?

Also, what [ in your opinion ] makes an outstanding avatar, outstanding?

X

Kingy Says:

Let's see...

BarbieSlave: I really want to live a day as a mod on Gaia and this is probably the most kickass mod there is

RaverJoey: She seems like she has an exciting life

Denna: I want to go to another country for once!

The 3 main aspects in my opinion are Creativity, Originality, and general appeal

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

Hey Tearz... What's your biggest fear on Gaia?
Kingy Says:

Getting perma banned. I would hate that to death.

Kingy is Done

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...
What's your favorite pair of Gaia shoes?

...til you've had
suffering.
Kingy Says:

That's a tough one, but it would have to be..

Flame or SILK shoes.

Kingy is Done

Sher!ock

KT, why isn't your avi female?
Kingy Says:

Cause I'm a boy and I don't know I like being a boy I never make good avi with female avis.

Kingy is Done

The Original Communist
Besides ANYTHING avatar-related, what's your favorite thing to do on gaia?
surprised
Kingy Says:

Talking to my friends offf course.

Kingy is Done

MMBgrace

How did you first come across the AT?

Why do you like it so much?

Kingy Says:

Why do I get the same question lol?

Umm.. I was just searching when I started Gaia and this was the forum that caught my eye

I just love the people most for the avis I like making avis, but I do it for the people they are wonderful here.

Kingy is Done

Forgotten Mysteries 2
User Image

User Image

Kingsome, a question.

If you got hacked, what would your first reaction be?

User Image

User Image
Kingy Says:

I've been hacked before and umm I joined MS, but that was bad.

I would do two things...

1.Resolve try to get a mod I've heard stories about people getting their accounts back a lot

2.Forget act like it didn't happen really all you lost was privilege to your invo am I right? Just hang with friend make a thread which I see you did make it look like nothing and go on it will be Resolved.

Kingy is Done

Le Ronnie
User Image

Can I be put on the list, please?
I want people to ask me stuff so I can answer them in forms that make no sense
cool

Kingy;
Male avis are lacking around not only here, but around Gaia in general.
How do you try to make your avis stand out in this female avi dominated world website?
Kingy Says:

I don't know I don't really see any like rival sorta thing between female and male avis. More females actually are on Gaia and I guess the few boys in the AT like the female I fee l should stay my gender and that's just my opinion

Kingy is Done

[Vomit King]

Hey Tearz... What's your favorite nickname? ninja
Kingy Says:

Kingy of course! Ting Ting is close though.

Kingy is Done

Kenshi Takuya
Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far, fly High,

If I gave you a 100$ would you give me a piggy back ride.

You're never gonna die, You're gonna make it if you try; They're gonna love you.
Kingy Says:

Ronnie: I don't know I don't really see any like rival sorta thing between female and male avis. More females actually are on Gaia and I guess the few boys in the AT like the female I fee l should stay my gender and that's just my opinion

Oh you know it!

Kingy is Done

Teh Knightmare

Question for Kingay!
Say Gaia announced that the Inventories were frozen, and you could not change your avvah.
Which of your avvah's would you hope to be wearing?

Kingy Says:

The first one in my collection thing on the first page. The one where I use that greenish color and is sitting.

Kingy is Done

Le Hott
User Image

.//
ooh Kingy, YOU LIKE REDWALL?

What's your favorite book in the series?
^o^
Kingy Says:

I love Redwall!

Either Joseph the Bellmaker or HiRhulain. (I forgot how to spell that)

I haven't read the newest one though and I heard it's really good.

Kingy is Done

slutfayse
if you could change one thing about the current AT, what would it be?
Kingy Says:

That's a tough one, but... I think elitism if that's the right word. Some ATers don't accept new people coming into the AT which people going on hiatus makes it dead here. Like anyone who comes in with a bad avi tossed out the window and I know the noobish ones deserve, but some of these people are nice people who just need to develop their skills.

Kingy is Done

Bebbo
Dear King,
Hows the weather over there? xd
and...

Does this dress make me look fat? redface
Kingy Says:

-looks at sky- Umm it's like cloudy like 60 degrees Farenheit.

No not all Bebbs.

Kingy is Done

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:22 am
Current ATer
kornerpocket

I'm kornerpocket. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, but I go to school in Philadelphia right now. I just switched my major to English, and I'm thinking about becoming a Journalist or a Teacher once I graduate. I've been in the AT for around a year, probably longer, but I've lost count. This is the only forum that I come to, with the exception of the Exchange, which I only go to if I'm in an exchanging mood. xp I'm really big on entering AT avatar contests, but since I've been busy with school, I haven't entered any new ones since August. I'm blunt, I'm honest, I don't kiss a**, and I'll answer all of your questions sincerely. So bring it. lol

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image

Answer: Well, I do it either of two ways. 1) When I design an avatar, sometimes I feel there is something missing, then, I buy it. Simple! 2) When the admin add new store items, I ask myself, "Can I use that?" and if I feel I have enough coordinating items or colors in my inventory already, I'll get it. If not, I wait for type 1. xD

Questions asked:

Cacophonic Creature
Where do you get you inspiration?
You don't know
peace...

I tend to get most of my inspiration for avatars from real life influences, such as magazines, video games, TV, etc. I'll see a certain style that I really liked, and I'll try to imitate it on Gaia. Sometimes, it works, but sometimes, it doesn't. My current avatar is supposed to be a sophisticated elf, but it still needs work. xp The last avatar that I had was very punk-esque, and since my style was a little bit punk in real life at the time, I decided that my avatar should reflect that, too. Plus, I think mohawks are so cute. whee

...til you've had
suffering.

Zane2000
Do you frequent any other gaia forums besides AT?

And if you feel like rating my avvie, go for it, however i'm not completey happy with it myself so maybe a few suggestions would do me better ^_^
You don't know
peace...

I used to go to the GD when I first joined Gaia, but I rarely go there now. I go to the Exchange whenever I'm in an exchanging mood and don't want to deal with the Marketplace. lol.

I haven't given a rate in a while, so forgive me if this isn't that good. Your avatar is really chunky. It matches nicely, but it doesn't have any flow. The flowers, Angelbow, and Fox Mink are each very distracting. Try a smaller bouquet and moving the Fox Mink to a different position. Also, is there a skirt that you can layer over the shorts?

...til you've had
suffering.

slutfayse
hmmm maybe everyone's at the event.. o 3o

what brought you to the AT/what made u stay?
You don't know
peace...

I really like art and creativity, so I came to the AT because it's interesting to see what people come up with for their avatars. Dressing an avatar is like creating a piece of art, even if at the end of the day, it's just pixels. I stayed because this forum really fit my tastes - the pace isn't too slow or too fast (now that there's a separate forum for tektek me threads), the people are really cool, and it feels like an actual community. Other forums on Gaia don't feel that way to me. Also, if it wasn't for the AT, I probably would have quit Gaia because I don't really do anything else on this website but come here.

...til you've had
suffering.

Korynnn
Do you have any items that you'd love to use, but just never have been able to work into an avi?
You don't know
peace...

Several. xp I love the Paper Laterns, but I've never been good at working with bulky items. I also love the Ribbed Pants because they remind me of something I'd rock in real life, but I also don't work well with pants. I bought a pair of Fairy Wings from the Exchange a few months ago because someone was selling them for such a cheap price that I couldn't resist, but I haven't been able to make a good avatar with them yet. Superior Form is another one, specifically the Feline Skin. I've seen so many people make nice avatars with it.

...til you've had
suffering.

[Vomit King]

Did you have any major influences when you first joined the AT?

What's your favorite food?

Any item you couldn't live without?

If you could take an item on gaia and bring it into the real world, what would it be?
And the other way around?
You don't know
peace...

1. When I first came here, I really loved King's avatars. His avatars remind me of paintings, and the way he does clutter is amazing. I tried to make cluttered avatars for a while. I failed at it, though, and that's when I realized that I needed to come up with my own style.

2. Chicken or Shrimp Fettuccine from Red Lobster. Also, Red Lobster has the best Cheesy Biscuits. I don't eat biscuits unless they're from Red Lobster. lol.

3. 90s gloves. They're a small item, but almost all of my avatars have them. I love layering gloves together.

4. The Dark and Mythrill Halos! I think it would be great to walk around with a halo on top of my head all day. whee I'd also love to have the wings from the TM MC in real life.

I'd bring Rollerblades from real life onto Gaia. I think they should create an entire clothing set that includes Rollerblades. We could also use them in towns, and it would be really cool.

...til you've had
suffering.

Io[dream.eater]
        Wooo ~ The thread is alive again?

Okay, Pocket bby;

• What's your favorite skin from all that we have to make avis/match/whatever?
      • How'd you define your style in one word?
      • What ATer(s) do you look up to?

>> Brains... brains
BRAAAAINS
You don't know
peace...

I love the new elf skin from the Halloween event! I think I'm going to switch back to it and keep it after the event is over. I really like the Feline skin from the Superior Form even though I've never been able to work with it.

Ravishing (I love how I spent the most time thinking about this question xp .)

I've always liked Joey. She's always been really nice and helpful, and you can tell that she cares a lot about the AT. Patchy is another ATer that I look up to, and it's threads like this that I think bring the AT together as a community. I admire her for creating it.

...til you've had
suffering.

Sylwithia
Sorry if any of these have been asked already.
What is your favorite/least favorite color combo?
What is your favorite/least favorite item combo?
Do you find any colors hard to work with?
On average, how much do you spend when new items come out in stores?
You don't know
peace...

My favorite color combo is probably black, brown, and green. It makes a nice earth tone pallet. I don't have a least favorite color combo because I think that every combo has the potential to look nice.

My favorite item combination is 90s gloves and medical gloves, or really any gloves combined with medical gloves. My least favorite is the Staff of Angels, Gaia Anniversary shirt, Baos, and Winged Angel combination that people seem to always do when they want to show off how wealthy they are.

I have a hard time working with orange, probably because there aren't many orange items on Gaia and it's hard to make an orange avatar that doesn't look Halloween themed.

I'm constantly broke on Gaia, kind of like how I am in real life. lol. I'm bad at budgeting and saving money. I'd say about 10k. I remember specifically spending tons of gold when the Saloon and Tavern items came out. Also, when the new starter sets came out, I bought every single item since they were only 5 gold each. If I like the new items enough, I'll sell some of my rarely used items so that I can buy them.

...til you've had
suffering.

Tranquilization

User Image

What's the all time favorite avatar that you've ever made, and why is it your favorite?
You don't know
peace...

Probably this one.
User Image
This was the first avatar I made that I got really high praise for, and it's the one that actually made me feel like an ATer. I knew that I could finally make amazing avatars. (There's an updated version of it, but I never saved it.)

Although this one is a close second:
User Image
I love the casual "I'm going for coffee" tone that this one has. It's also something that I think I'd wear in real life if I was going to like, play golf or something. lol.

...til you've had
suffering.

Mamasemamasamamacoosa
Hi kornerpocket, I would like to know if your a pro simple avatar person?
Nice meeting yah.
You don't know
peace...

Hello. Nice meeting you, too. smile

Definitely! I think simple avatars are very unappreciated. An avatar doesn't need fifty million layers and 7 colors in order to look good. There was a small movement in the AT over the summer to put simple avatars in the spotlight, but I don't know if it's still around (I haven't really been in the AT that often, this school year is killing me gonk ).

...til you've had
suffering.

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas