Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Memory!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shmarty

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:14 pm
I am now going to start adding CC to my game! But, I want to buy more memory for my computer...the 2GB extra memory costs $90
How much CC do you think I could fit on 2GBs of memory? I want to get lots of stuff: hair...make-up, eyes, clothes, basically all of it. No hacks though. How much CC can you store on your GBs? Please help me decide if I should buy this or not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:50 am
I have almost 6,000 CC and I'm running on 2GB of memory and my game runs good. Before getting this computer I was running on less then 2GB of memory and I had about 3,000 CC and my game ran really slow. Also when I was computer shopping I asked the BBS over at the official Sims 2 site what would be the best for The Sims 2 and I was told by multiply people that 2GB of memory was a must.  

Simming
Crew

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:12 am
Right now, a little sticker on my computer says "250 GB SATA" and another little sticker on it says "1024 MB DDR2" I'm really not sure if I need a new computer or not, to be able to store CC on it. What do you think? Should I buy the new memory? Do I need it? Do I even need a new computer?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm
I don't think you really need a new computer. The more CC you have the more memory it takes up, so starting off you should be fine, but as you get more and more CC I'd advise you to get more memory. Also I have 2048 MB memory.  

Simming
Crew

shmarty

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 am
I'm pretty sure I won't go over-board with the CC, so I guess I'll be fine with this computer (it's fast and has a nice graphics card!). The only problem now, is asking my mom if it's okay for my to download sim stuff. The minute download comes up, she freaks.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm
This reminds me I need to buy more memory... right now I am running on 1.29 gigs or something along those lines. It runs nice and smooth most of the time, really. But 2gigs would probably be a lot better...  

Surprise In-the-Box

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff