View Results

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:41 am
I've gotten better over the years about being such an item hog on Gaia, not having to have every new item, usually there's one or two items with each release that I like.

However, it seems everytime it comes around, my wishlist fills up with items that i have yet to buy. I want an enchanted book (the cute little mice surprised heart ), a dress for prom, and I still haven't gotten the last items I wanted from the last two store updates, a raincoat and some yakitori. /complain, whine.

But do you guys ever feel this way, that you'll never achieve all the items you want, even though you're been on here X amount of time? Dx

Oh, yay, my first guild topic. =D  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:48 am
My list tends to update itself. I usually get items to finish avatars, rather than just buying them straight off the bat. the only recent ones i've really liked have been the galoshes and towels. And a few bis from the oriental update. I dont like bulky/ body hog items much confused
ANything green though, I tend to buy. I loooooove green. mrgreen

And congrats on your first post! lol

Eriwain
Crew

6,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:50 am
New topics are always loved~! X3

I'm a horrible pack rat as well and I hate selling anything (what if i need it later xd sweatdrop ) I'm also bad about hoarding event items and commons gonk My storage on one of my other accounts is so full I get this message every time I go to arrange my inventory:

"a script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort this script?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 am
I am kinda a pack rat, I like to keep at least two mcs from each month and I like the EI. But I really need to learn how to manage my items D:  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

Eriwain
Crew

6,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 am
Karma v2

"a script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort this script?"

I get that too, curse it.
I used to sell DIs after a couple of weeks, but that was when the economy was more stable and I could buy them back after a couple of weeks if I wanted. Then I took a break from Gaia for a couple of months and everything had shot up. I sold some DIs to buy a decent base of commons, and then in 2007 I made sure I brought at least 2 sealeds for hoarding. I've stopped doing hat now, and I only buy them after they've been released if they popular, or like the Rock Puppy, I just like them^_^
My stash is dwindling though. Im currently buying back my favourite DI's that I sold.

Sorry for the wall of text stressed

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 am
I have to change my questing all the time since there's always new, nice items coming out gonk  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

A Nightmare Fantasmic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:24 am
Whenever there's an item update, be it shop update, CS, or DI's, there's always at least one thing that I want.

But, of course, before buying it, I need to wait for TekTek to add it to the avatar simulator so I can make an avatar around it, trying to match it to at least one item I already have in my inventory. XP

I usually don't buy sets, but unfortunately, most of the blue items only match their sets, which makes me sad DX

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 am
I like to stick with one avatar that just adds accessories on this account, and I use my mules for dress-up, so I don't get overwhelmed a lot. When I do, though, I can end up selling every item my avatar isn't wearing just to get one item. x:  

Rubican

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 am
I basically decided that the MP is an ultimate evil...I am sick of trading and stuff D: You never win...  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:58 am
I ahve a huge inventory, most of it junk I can't bear to part with
I'm the same IRL, I hoard and collect until there's no room to move sweatdrop  

Parasox v2

Eriwain
Crew

6,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:26 pm
Heh, I wish my room IRL was as organised as on Gaia! I like junk, and so every available surface in my flat is covered in books, stickers, photographs and doll parts. its torture trying to clean.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:08 pm
the only thing in my storage packed away are quest/event items . . . those i do pack away . . . just because . . . but for the most part all other items i have i wear and my wishlist only has a few items i want the rest are for me to keep track of the prices . . . that way when i go to the MP all i have to do is click the item on my wishlist to see how it's doing . . . it's great to keep track of the EI's  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Faerdra

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:34 pm
User Image
i don't really want for anything, i have 600+ items (is a major item hog).
i usually just get other people stuff as opposed to getting myself something. ^^;;
User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:38 pm
Recently, I have wanted to get every item. The main problem is getting the gold, but I am working out a system for buying all the shop items.  

Cattrain

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff