Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:43 am
All of the topics about EI's got me thinking.

Some people spent $10 RL cash on the Herme's Moon and some bought more than one. Granted, it's an awesome item, but is it really, honestly worth the money?

Much as I love the item, I don't really think people who spent cash on it got their money's worth. Sure it's got a ton of poses, but Gift of the Gods/Goddess has just about as many poses and it was only $2.50.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:45 am
Its cute.

But I bought it with gold. If I had the IRL cash to spend on Gaia, I probably would be. Cause, really, I enjoy my time on here, and the items make that time good, too. =)

And its a bunny and a moon and ricecakes. =D  

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:07 am
I think that my reasoning is that I enjoy being here a lot and I am having fun, so spending money doesn't bother me. I would in no way spent money here if I wasn't enjoying it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:29 am
I have an account on Roliana and I would never, ever put real money into that. I just love Gaia. Ive spent around $70 in the last 6 months, which isnt so bad considering my BoW Blowout^_^
I dont buy anything over $5 in the Cash Shop though. I'd rather buy a few cheaper items and sell them to make the gold for the pricier ones.

Eriwain
Crew

6,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Rubican

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:33 am
I think that they should have made Fausto's Bottle $10 instead (but they probably couldn't because it was one of the first evolving items). Herme's moon was nice, but it was really only worth $5.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:56 pm
i think spending 10 bucks for any pf them after the 2nd gen wasn't worth it . . . but if you got a 1st or 2nd gen it could be worth it since i think they topped out at 500k . . . so 50k a buck . . . not quite right, but it's decent . . . either way i just buy the evolving items with gold . . . you can buy cheap CS items and make a good bit of gold off the bat and say you manage to make 30k per buck then a 5$ Ei isn't worth it . . . just spend 5$ on smaller CS items, sell them and use a portion of the gold you earned to buy the EI . . . and still have plenty or pure left in your pocket . . . it's the smarter way to do things . . . except on occasions such as the BoW . . . that's an item totally worth it . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Cattrain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:41 pm
I like it, and I wish I could get one, but I don't have any money. I think it is worth 10 dollars, because it has so many poses. Plus there is that bunny...  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:51 pm
Razin Frostdrake
i think spending 10 bucks for any pf them after the 2nd gen wasn't worth it . . . but if you got a 1st or 2nd gen it could be worth it since i think they topped out at 500k . . . so 50k a buck . . . not quite right, but it's decent . . . either way i just buy the evolving items with gold . . . you can buy cheap CS items and make a good bit of gold off the bat and say you manage to make 30k per buck then a 5$ Ei isn't worth it . . . just spend 5$ on smaller CS items, sell them and use a portion of the gold you earned to buy the EI . . . and still have plenty or pure left in your pocket . . . it's the smarter way to do things . . . except on occasions such as the BoW . . . that's an item totally worth it . . .

Speaking of the BoW... can't beat that exchange rate eek 67k per 1$

Back on topic: I think I lost a few people -_-: It's not a matter of spending $10 on Gaia (people who know me know I throw plenty of cash down their money sink each month). It's a matter of spending $10 on a single item, which, as far as quality goes, isn't really all that different from some CS and MC items that go for less.

In marketing terms, I agree with you Razin. If you plan on selling it, the 1st and 2nd gen are the only ones worth getting. I also agree with Flap. In term of what you actually get in the end, I think charging 5$ in the CS would have been a better price.

Even if you wanted it for personal use, you'd be getting a better deal buying it on the market before it starts evolving. Then again, we need a lot of people buying it from the CS to put it on the market so prices stay low... confused  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:56 pm
Not worth $10. I don't think any pixelated item is worth that much. =/  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm
I felt like $10 was too much.
I usually wait to see a couple evolutions before I actually pay any RLmonies on Gaia.
I don't care what gen anything is, because don't they all eventually just become the same?  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Beyond Betrayal

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:33 pm

User Image
If L's a genius...If L's a freak...

I don't think it's worth that much.
But hey, if people pay it xD

...then B's an extreme genius....then B's an extreme freak.
User Image

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff