yeah if i had that kind of spare cash
  maybe
  no, i don't think so . . .
  OH HELL NO ! ! !
View Results

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:44 pm
it is microscopic in terms of a computer . . .

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665246465

it is expensive (at 2.5k) and SMALL at . . . 5.91”(W) x 3.74”(H) x 1.27-1.50”(D)

are there any computer you wish you could get such as an Alienware or the Mac Air . . . or maybe something else ? we all use a computer to get to gaia . . . what do you wish you had while here ?  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:07 pm
Alienware was bought by Dell, and Dell added a "business-wise" computer, and therefore is now complete crap. Mac air is also complete crap, because it is , at least, $1000 overpriced. It has no CD rom, only has one USB port, no audio in, the max processor speed you can get with it is 1.8GHz. The only good thing about it is that it can fit in one of those envelopes...
[/rant]

Ok, now for the link you gave. Personally, I don't think I would get it. I wouldn't look at size for my laptop, I look at how long it will last, how good it works, and what it is capable of

What I want:
HP Pavilion tx2000z  

Cattrain

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 am
I've got my macbook I'm happy ^_^
The mac air is too thin, I'd lose it and I really don't know anything about computers  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:22 am
I would love an Air. We have a Wi- fi Hi- fi so its cool for music and such. Im never gonna get one though, unless I win the lottery, but I spend most of my time in Apple stores fawning.
Sensibly, I want an iMac. Or a new, shiny Macbook. Mines looking a bit beaten up. But I love it and I dont think I could ever get rid -hugs-
And it has to be Mac all the way! I tried to use the PC the other day and ended up wanting to throw it through a wall>_< I hate PCs unless they run Linux. then they are a little cooler.

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cattrain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:26 am
eriwain
I would love an Air. We have a Wi- fi Hi- fi so its cool for music and such. Im never gonna get one though, unless I win the lottery, but I spend most of my time in Apple stores fawning.
Sensibly, I want an iMac. Or a new, shiny Macbook. Mines looking a bit beaten up. But I love it and I dont think I could ever get rid -hugs-
And it has to be Mac all the way! I tried to use the PC the other day and ended up wanting to throw it through a wall>_< I hate PCs unless they run Linux. then they are a little cooler.

User Image

*cough*macispc*endcough*

But ya, I usually use Ubuntu. Penguins pwn all that is.

Edit:
Oh ya, I think I forgot to mention that Linux compatibility is another thing I look for in a computer.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:57 am
I just came back to edit my post, but you've already quoted razz
Change PC to Windows based PC when reading please biggrin
when I talk to my friend about this, PC is shorthand for Windows, Mac is Macintosh and Tux for Linux^_^ I guess MS would be better, but its just habit now.
Anyway, Windows vista= scream This face when I try to use it :3

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:59 am
Cattrain
Alienware was bought by Dell, and Dell added a "business-wise" computer, and therefore is now complete crap. Mac air is also complete crap, because it is , at least, $1000 overpriced. It has no CD rom, only has one USB port, no audio in, the max processor speed you can get with it is 1.8GHz. The only good thing about it is that it can fit in one of those envelopes...
[/rant]

Ok, now for the link you gave. Personally, I don't think I would get it. I wouldn't look at size for my laptop, I look at how long it will last, how good it works, and what it is capable of

What I want:
HP Pavilion tx2000z

the UX and Air have pluses for portability . . . but it's true that that's about it . . . if the Air wasn't so expensive i'd actually love to get it . . . i have a thing for thin laptops . . .

but that one you listed the tx2000z . . . oh man THANK YOU for showing me that ! ! ! it's a beauty . . . and the whole swiveling touchscreen thing just make it truly great . . . and it's affordable !

that's why i made this thread to see other great choices . . . anyone else any other good choices ?

edit : since i just noticed this . . . Alienware was taken over by Dell ?! WTF seriously ? that's like when Hummer was taken over by GM the Hummer line went down the drain . . . not that i liked them much, but they did do what they were built to do very well . . . but now they're so cheaply designed it's just sad . . . and now Alienware has fallen to the same problem ? that sucks, it really sucks . . .  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am
eriwain
I just came back to edit my post, but you've already quoted razz
Change PC to Windows based PC when reading please biggrin
when I talk to my friend about this, PC is shorthand for Windows, Mac is Macintosh and Tux for Linux^_^ I guess MS would be better, but its just habit now.
Anyway, Windows vista= scream This face when I try to use it :3

i do the same, i understand most all computers are PC's but PC for me, and most people i know of, refers to a windows based PC . . . and MAC is well understood . . . though i've not really had to deal with Linux so i don't know of a shortening for it . . . least i can't remember it if i do . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:14 pm
Linux is TuxUser Image Who is awesome biggrin I do like Linux, but I prefer everything to work out the box. hence the Mac love.
And the computer in the OP looks like the new Sidekick...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:18 pm
Blue doesn't know if he likes that laptop  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

Luke Schmuke

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:26 pm
User Image
I saw the Mac Air and it looks awesome. Someone was using it at Borders and I was like, "why are they typing on paper?"

Seriously though, how do they fit a computer in that? <______<

I wouldn't buy that Vaio though. I can't use small keyboards. Iono why. Plus I like big screens so I don't have to constantly zoom and stuff.User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 pm
I thought the Asus EEE was small.

I don't know about the Air though. It's all sealed.  

Salmay
Captain
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces