Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Sims Catching on Fire randomly!! DD:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xSparkling Twilightx

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:46 pm
D: Okay, so I just got Seasons installed after I had Free Time. Now, I've played for a few good weeks without any problems. Then just a couple days ago, during the season of Summer at one house, my Sim and her twin boys would randomly catch fire. The twins were playing catch, stopped, and combusted. Their mom, after taking a shower, would come out and catch fire. So I don't know why this is happening. Their last summer was just fine. So far, I've tried changing the season at their particular house; didn't do anything. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:53 pm
T3T I don't want them to die...  

xSparkling Twilightx

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:42 pm
It's a feature in Seasons. Have you noticed the little thermometer by the picture of the sim you're controlling? If it goes fully red and stays there too long, your sims will spontaneously combust.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Have you installed the Seasons patch? It makes spontaneous combustion less likely.

If you want to get rid of this feature completely, visit Paladin's Place/ Sim wardrobe. He has a hack for getting rid of this feature in his "fixes" section I think.  

Banana-nana

bighairy dog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 pm
I havent had that porblem with seasons but i have had another. Every time a pregnant female sim tries to light piles of leaves on fire she starts herself on fire. So far this problem has been with only 1 very large family and i'm wondering if its a game glitch or my preggy sims are just morons?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 pm
I never came in counter with something like that but I think it has something to do with that littl thermomider beside your sims picture. If it gets too red that could mean they're to hot and by randomly catching on fire probably is some way to show you that they're really hot.  

PRAISE DARREN CRISS

AdventurerX

Dapper Member

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:43 pm
I think that the reason is that the still feel hot for a long time[The Thermometer still red for some long time] rolleyes  
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games