Reply The Twilight Movie
Mixed feelings, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shenene

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:47 pm
I have been so excited about this movie for ages, and I DO like Robert Pattinson as Edward, and the rest of the cast seems good too. I'm loathe to complain about something I love so much; I'm just happy we get more forms of media in which to enjoy it.

However, every time I see a new promotional photo, and now that I've seen the trailer, I worry. This whole project has so much potential, but everything I've seen seems so... cheesy. Almost cartoony. It makes me really anxious. I think I will enjoy the movie no matter what (I hope), but I'd hate to hear people a few years from now saying 'Remember that corny vampire movie?' I would have to stop them and be all like, 'No, the books totally rock, seriously!'

Anyone else concerned?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Yeah, it does come across as a bit of a cheesy horror-film....Have hope! At least they had the car-scene!  

EvilWarlordGu

alexisneo

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 pm
Yeah I feel the same way!!!

After watching the teaser trailer I must admit I was a bit dissapointed.
I know the book itself does have it's slightly cheesy parts (and yet I love those parts to death!) I think when it's going to be reanacted before my eyes in film form it'll come off as a more unpleasent cheesy.

I'm going to watch it no matter what, and I'll probably enjoy it.... I just kind of hope it'll be better then what the trailer showed~

Also I REALLY hope it'll be a decent enough movie because I want people not to think badly about Twilight and not bother to read the book after... and wonder why it has such a huge fanbase sad  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:28 am
alexisneo

Also I REALLY hope it'll be a decent enough movie because I want people not to think badly about Twilight and not bother to read the book after... and wonder why it has such a huge fanbase sad

EXACTLY! I get worried when stuff I like becomes more exposed to the general public, for that exact reason... I don't care so much about liking something no one else does, but I don't want people to think it's completely cheese-tastic.  

shenene

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:57 pm
Same, but it might be better in the theaters!  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 am
yeah im kinda of worried but at how huge the book is i think it will be years i mean years before that and its prob ganna be the generation who haven't read the book and got forced to watch it and were pissed off the whole time  

X-Freiheit93-X

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:55 pm
I know what you mean. I am sure I will like it. But, I don't want OTHER people to be like, "Twilight was SO corny!" I know you shouldn't worry about other people, but knowing myself, I'll make a scene and hold a knife up to that person and be like "Take it back or die!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 pm
I'm really worried about the movie. It's already happened to me where one of my friends watched the clip with me (before I gave them the book) and they were like,

"it looks kind of crapy....I mean from what you told me this Edward dude is suppose to be hot and all shiny in broad daylight....From what I see its bad. I mean when you said he can break her in a second, but from this trailer he slung her on his back and her arm ain't fall off."

ok that was some of our conversation. I was like OMG he's right!

I hope it's not bad. crying  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

T0m03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm
I understand your concern. From what I've seen, there's quite a bit that's been changed and I worry that it's not going to have that same intimate feeling that it has when reading the book and I figured that was the goal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:22 pm
Yah i am! Im worried about the actors and the director... Im worried they wont portray the characters well enough and that the directer will screw up the plot... also yah! a lot of people are hesint to read the books because it has vampires in it and if the movie sucks some future fans might miss out...  

bite_me_edward_cullen

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 pm
I don't think I could bring myself to go see the movie. Even on public television I wouldn't watch it. After watching the teaser trailers and seeing how they've messed it up already, I don't think my heart could take it. For example: They cut out the entire Port Angeles chapter with Edward and Bella at the restaurant. Instead, they placed them in a forest and they're just taking a fancy little stroll. I was like WTF?! That would have made a great scene! I don't think they'll stray THAT far from the book, but as stated above, I hope it doesn't give people who haven't READ the books a bad impression of the series.

And I wish they could have done something about the character's complexions.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:09 pm
I don't care what you all say, or what you think....I'M GOING TO SEE THE MOVIE, AND I BET THAT IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING! Just because it's not EXACTLY like the book, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT WON'T BE A GOOD FLICK. stare Why can't anyone be more open-minded and optimistic these days? scream Have some faith in Stephenie you guys, she wouldn't have let them go through with it if she didn't think it wouldn't please her fans! pirate  

Rancid Cupcakes

Dark_Legend94

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:10 pm
Twilight Lolita
I don't care what you all say, or what you think....I'M GOING TO SEE THE MOVIE, AND I BET THAT IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING! Just because it's not EXACTLY like the book, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT WON'T BE A GOOD FLICK. stare Why can't anyone be more open-minded and optimistic these days? scream Have some faith in Stephenie you guys, she wouldn't have let them go through with it if she didn't think it wouldn't please her fans! pirate

I agree. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 pm
yea im mildly upset with the casting
but watever ill get over it
and as for the movie,
sorry to say but it dose seem a bit corny
im going to see it tho i dont care!!! xp  

chocopanda7

The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash