Hacking Brawl into Melee? WTF?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mokie7

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:49 pm
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165363

- Removing stumbles (which I agree with)
- eliminate auto recovery
- decreasing ledge size
- increasing length of time edges remain occupied
- restore L cancelling
- restore wave dashing

Thoughts on any of this? Should these changes be taken seriously at all?

Will people simply be left with bricked Wiis?  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:17 pm
Well... I don't have a problem with it, and I'm even interested in trying... but, why not just play Melee?
I hope that this doesn't become, like... mandatory for competitive play, though.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:50 pm
Melomaniacal
Well... I don't have a problem with it, and I'm even interested in trying... but, why not just play Melee?
I hope that this doesn't become, like... mandatory for competitive play, though.

Quoted for truth.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:02 pm
Dear god, this better not ruin online anymore than it is already ruined. gonk  

Yoyoenix91

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:18 pm
Well, I say if they're willing to take the risks.... Let 'em. If they end up with a bricked Wii, it's their fault. If you're really a pro, you wouldn't need to to these mods if you ask me...  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 pm
General Lea
Well, I say if they're willing to take the risks.... Let 'em. If they end up with a bricked Wii, it's their fault. If you're really a pro, you wouldn't need to to these mods if you ask me...
Agreed.
And yeah, these people should just go back to playing Melee if they loved the physics so much as to try bringing them back.  

Mokie7

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm
>_< I am so sick and tired of people who want Brawl to just be Melee 2.0

Seriously people, get a life. It's just a video game.

And if someone like me is telling you to get a life, that's pretty sad, because I'm a geek.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:54 pm
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

And if someone like me is telling you to get a life, that's pretty sad, because I'm a geek.

Nerd.

A geek is a person in the circus who bites the heads off of chickens.

Only a nerd would know that. razz  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Psychicmind

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:35 pm
There's one argument I hate people use and that's "go back to Melee." Kinda hard to play as Snake or ROB in Melee, don't you think? I doubt that hacking the game for any more than tripping will be used as the standard, though. Besides, how many of you play in actual tournaments? (I have found that the majority of anti-competitive arguments come from non-tourney goers.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:39 pm
Psychicmind
There's one argument I hate people use and that's "go back to Melee." Kinda hard to play as Snake or ROB in Melee, don't you think? I doubt that hacking the game for any more than tripping will be used as the standard, though. Besides, how many of you play in actual tournaments? (I have found that the majority of anti-competitive arguments come from non-tourney goers.)

I play competitively, but this isn't really an argument over competitiveness (for lack of better words), seeing how this wouldn't be used in tournaments.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Psychicmind

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:58 pm
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
Psychicmind

I play competitively, but this isn't really an argument over competitiveness (for lack of better words), seeing how this wouldn't be used in tournaments.
Okay, then. If it won't be used for tournaments, then what's the problem? As long as it doesn't affect online (which sucks already), there is no problem. Cheat devices have been in circulation already. This is no different.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 pm
Psychicmind
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
Psychicmind

Okay, then. If it won't be used for tournaments, then what's the problem? As long as it doesn't affect online (which sucks already), there is no problem. Cheat devices have been in circulation already. This is no different.

The problem? There isn't really one, as long as no one tries to get it to be used competitively.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:53 pm
Throwing my two cents in...

I also play competitively, in tournaments. Just so that won't be questioned later.

I'll add my thoughts on Brawl as of recently later. :shrug:  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:40 am
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

agreed 100%. melee was melee and brawl is brawl. LEAVE THEM THE WAY THEY ARE. the only thing i would change about brawl though, is the partial pressing of the shield button for a full shield.  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items