Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Gallery~* (poetry, art, stories, etc...)
Earth day story from a different perspective

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonlitAquaSoul

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:44 pm
This is just a short story i wrote for Earth Day. It's a
bit morbid but some people told me it was pretty good so here it is sweatdrop

The oak tree’s leaves gently shook in the breeze and the warm sunlight glanced off of them sending beautiful spots of green light onto the forest floor. The oak tree felt a deep hopelessness but at the same time she was very grateful for all of these beauties of life. She sensed the sad whispers of the trees around her and knew that they also sensed that the end was coming. She could not reassure them though. The vibrations of chainsaws drowned out all else and filled the air with the feeling of death. The flowers sobbed faintly from the grass and they trembled with worry for the trees around them. The poor little things were just as delicate as they looked. Oddly the oak tree was not sad. Her fate was too near for sadness. She would stand tall and proud until the chainsaws forced her down. She knew no sense of time or age but she knew that she had lived a very good long life. Unfortunately, some of the trees around her had not. This, more than anything else, saddened her and she found that she only had one wish as the footsteps drew ever closer. She wished that people could hear the screams of the trees, as she could, as the chainsaws tore into their bark. Maybe then they would stop their life taking destruction. Maybe one day they might.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:18 pm
I really like it. It's a sad way to think about it, but sometimes we need to see it from that perspective to really be able to understand the tragedy of the situation. Thank you for sharing!!!  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

MoonlitAquaSoul

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:13 pm
Than you for reading. biggrin I'm glad you enjoyed it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm
i love it.
it is really sad though, but i wouldn't change it.  

emo_hippie_chick

Angelbaby In Love

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 pm
Your short story is wonderful, don't change a thing. I really wish that more people saw it that way. I know some of us can actually hear the cries of the trees as they are destroyed. My heart breaks every time a tree is torn down, even when the tree's permission is given to do so. Thank you for writing it.  
*~Gallery~* (poetry, art, stories, etc...)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games