Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaiaholics Anonymous - Addicts Welcome

Back to Guilds

A guild for Gaiaholics and Gaia Addicts alike 

Tags: Gaia, Gaiaholics, Anonymous, Addicts 

Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
I must have missed something. (bioshock topic)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Great plot line?
  You know it! (thinks doom was the greatest movie of all time)
  ******** that I want a zelda movie! (Don't we all?)
  Bioshock? Wtf kinda drug is that?
View Results

[Zigaroma]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:44 pm
So I was reading an article onKotaku (don't know why I said take two. gonk ) today about the bioshock movie and came upon an interesting quote in it. "BioShock has been hailed as one of the most highly cinematic and richly plotted titles in interactive entertainment..." now I don't know about you guys but I don't see how exactly that game richly plotted? Lets take a look at the basic plot shall we? Get to point A. Find out you have to kill [NPC name goes here] to get to point A. Some random event makes point A useless and forces you to find another way to go. Now lets just take that plot, mix it up with some obvious "plot twist" and call that a great plot that was cinematic and made to be a movie shall we?
Now the game was amazing when it first started sure but once I hit the second level it was already growing old like seriously we have a hero who doesn't talk and needs to hack EVERYTHING to get any sort of advantage in the game. The Big Daddies who aren't even hard to kill and the crappy good or evil thing that is so pointless I don't know why it was in the game. The only thing that made me able to play to the end was listing to funny movie reviews while I played with the sound off and just started to read subtitles....seriously that game is more fun when your laughing.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:57 pm
out of all the games made into movies i'm suprised zelda hasn't had one yet . . . i mean hell even super mario had a movie . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

[Zigaroma]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:04 pm
But Zelda is a hard movie to make hell I got pissed at the fake movie trailer because the guy who was link didn't look good enough....as well as a few minor issues. Also what zelda would they base it off of? OoC was good and all but I like MM better although OoC might make a better movie.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:07 pm
I didnt play it not my type of game  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 pm
well . . . if you look at how some comic/game movies have been done it's surprising how well they've cast the roles . . . then again some have been Epic Fails . . . and they'd probly make it an original movie basing it off of the games but not exact kinda like Resident Evil did . . . they can cast people perfectly if the people casting PAY ATTENTION . . . and movie effects are now insane so anything in the games could be done . . . it's very possible . . . and a movie would be a wise choice for nintendo and the zelda franchises . . . so long as they did it right . . .  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:15 am
I would see a Bioshock movie for the music alone.
I mainly watch the boy play it and just do the really hard hacks for him^_^

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 am
I have NO idea what you guys are talking about -facepalm-  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

me either, don't feel bad. xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faerdra

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff