Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
faeries?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Fae exist of course. i just haven't seen any yet. I believe in anything that isn't supposed to exist. fae are the first of many that i wish to see.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:50 am
they may have been pixies or gnomes.

most faries poeple think of when you mention them are about a foot tall and are very beautiful. but can lure unsuspecting people into danger just for fun.

be careful when dealing with fae.^_^  

xXrainbowrazorsXx

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 pm
I think they are real. I hope it is faeries or something.. So you should leave around food and objects like the others suggest. Me and my friends in the 2nd grade used to build houses by trees on our playground for faeries. I love faeries, you are so lucky so see them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Have you ever actually read any of the old stories regarding 'fae' creatures? They are not cute little winged people, or glittery cheery little motes of light, or fat winged cherubs. They are twisted, misshapen, thorny, tangled dirty creatures. With few exceptions, they are not helpful. They generally do not like humans or humanity, and will go out of your way to make your life miserable if you encounter them or otherwise piss them off. It is shockingly easy to piss off a f--ry. You do not want their attention.

Modern portrayal of f--ries is based entirely on Victorian-era portrayals. Sadly, the Victorians cleaned up the 'fae' and made them seem adorable, helpful, clean, and bright; they've been over-romanticised. This is much like how Victorians romanticised everyday life - tried to make it prim, proper, clean, and appealing, even though in reality it was still harsh, brutish, filthy, and short.

I keep to my spaces, they keep to theirs, and so long as we both do that everything's fine. I don't want them in my home. I keep cold iron to that effect.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 pm
Morgandria
"F-__y" is a dirty word in my house. Personally I want nothing to do with them. They're nasty little buggers - Outsiders - not cute wisps of light, or tiny delicate winged naked women, or adorable floral cherubs.

I do as little as possible to draw their attention to myself.

Do you keep iron and other kinds of wards like that?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 pm
Esiris
Morgandria
"F-__y" is a dirty word in my house. Personally I want nothing to do with them. They're nasty little buggers - Outsiders - not cute wisps of light, or tiny delicate winged naked women, or adorable floral cherubs.

I do as little as possible to draw their attention to myself.

Do you keep iron and other kinds of wards like that?

I do. When I bless my home when I first move into it, part of what I do is set the boundaries - I tell those Outsiders with negative or harmful intent they aren't welcome to cross my threshold, and that I will leave they and theirs in peace if they leave me and mine the same.. The iron is there as backup - something I fully intent to use if something does decide to enter my space. My witchjar buried on my threshold also contains many sharp, nasty pieces of iron.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Little Raven Girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm
Wow... I had nearly forgotten about this.

Anyway, since that day, I haven't seen anything resembling that orb. Maybe it was a nature spirit or some other sort of spirit or maybe it was just some sort of phenomena.

And yes, I do realize that the fae do not resemble the likes of Tinker-belle or any other Disney creation. They are tricky creatures and some can be down right terrifying, but I do not believe all of them are such awful creatures set out to make human's lives miserable.

But just in case, I put out a few offerings every now and again just to appease them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 pm
Little Raven Girl
But just in case, I put out a few offerings every now and again just to appease them.

Isn't that like putting out a welcome mat?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Little Raven Girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:31 pm
Esiris
Little Raven Girl

I don't think so. It's more like saying a thank you and giving them a gift so they won't bring me harm  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm
Little Raven Girl

And yes, I do realize that the fae do not resemble the likes of Tinker-belle or any other Disney creation. They are tricky creatures and some can be down right terrifying, but I do not believe all of them are such awful creatures set out to make human's lives miserable.

As I said, there's a very few whose tales seem to indicate they'll help you out if you remember to feed them. But by the same token, if you stop feeding them, or forget to, they will spoil your milk, scare your livestock, and ruin your household. Even the 'nice' ones are temperamental and fickle, and I don't have space for that.

I don't think all the 'little' spirits out there are 'fae'. For me 'fae' refers to a specific breed or type of spirit, and it doesn't encompass every spirit. Some of those little spirits quite like people - or some people, at least. But they aren't f--ries.

Esiris

Maybe. If you're making offerings to them, as I sometimes do, that are clearly expressed as "I am doing _____, and I do not want to be bothered or interrupted - please take this offering and leave me alone", then that's usually ok. It's sort of like how Marge has two birthday cakes for her kids on the Simpsons - one for everyone, and one for Homer to ruin. It's also a kind of verbal contract - if they take the offering, they have agreed to leave you in peace.

If you're just leaving offerings and not expressly stating that the offering is so they will otherwise leave you be, I think that would act as an attraction, rather than a deterrent.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 pm
Thanks Morg- that makes sense.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2