Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Mario Kart Wii

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mario Kart Wii anyone?
  Heck yeah!
  No way!
View Results

horneldiablo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 am
Yes I am aware that there is another Mario Kart topic, but that one is for DS.

So, does anyone play Mario Kart Wii? I personally love it! I've heard mixed opinions about it, but in my personal opinion, it's one of my fav Wii games on the Wii right now. (Hooray for redundancy! smile )

Also, I have a friend code that I would be happy to share (if you PM me that is razz )  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 pm
I think it's a lot of fun, but the WiiWheel is a bit hard to use. I'm gonna use the Nunchuk and WiiMote, but I'm still obsessed with Brawl. mrgreen  

PhoenixBlade983

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:10 pm
I heard the wifi is actually really well made, the best yet for a nintendo game, is this true?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:19 pm
nitnit
I heard the wifi is actually really well made, the best yet for a nintendo game, is this true?

Agreed. The WiFi on Mario Kart is awesome.  

horneldiablo

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:50 pm
I love Mario Kart Wii. I hope all future home consoles from nintendo have something like the wii wheel. It's so much easier to use than a regular button controller and more fun!  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:59 am
nitnit

Ya, the WiFi is awesome. 12 racers for an online race or balloon battle (shine runners too?).  

PhoenixBlade983

Iceman137

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 am
hey, i got the game and i think its great. havent played it much recently, but im willing to race and one online. fc:2879-0024-7313  
MomoQT rolled 20 4-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4 Total: 42 (20-80)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:37 pm
anyone wanna battle me im really good at it id be a good challenge  

MomoQT

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 pm
Bleh... DS was great... Wii was just... ack... Theres just too many problems with it...

1: Items are WAY too annoying... you cant dodge half of them, and the kill your rank... for example, this had happened to me more than once, and i'm sure it has to you too... Your in frist place, miles away from the rest of the pack... you approach the finish line on the final lap... suddenyl youre smacked with a blue shell. in mid-air, you get shocked by a lightning bolt before landing. when you land, and try to start up again, you get smack with a red shell. before ou can react, a large charector smacks into you, sending you off the stage. finally, when you manage to cross the finish line, you end up in 8th place... Yea, that really sucks... and it happens ALL THE TIME!

2: Theres really no difference in charectors... everyone has the same karts, the only choice is Small, medium, or large... and thats about it... sure you have a coice of karts, but when all the medium charectors have the same exact karts... it doesnt feel unique to you...

now, if they provided a more variety of items, and gave more unique karts for each charector, than that would fix alot that bugs me...

I've already sold it, and I'm dissappointed...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:58 am
nitnit

Indeed. The Wii's online is lacking but seems to have improved since launch. It started with Pokemon and Mario Strikers, Smash Bros. provided a more extensive service and Mario Kart seems to have had the best stability. Hopefully they'll continue to make improvements in future games.  

TacitBlue

SlickMonk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:27 pm
I've never seen any lag from this game yet. It's amazing. And watching old people play this game is hilarious.

I think this game should get it's own sub-forum. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:01 pm
I love MarioKart Wii!! That game is so fun! I can pretty much kick anyones butt at it! (besides the hackers!) I know mostly all the cheats, and I know how to hack it, but I won't hack it cuz I'll get in big trouble easily! I just need two more stars next my name, I beaten the game! mrgreen I unlocked ALL the charahcters even the plumbers outfit for the Mii. My score on Wi-Fi Is 8760 somthin. biggrin  

Zarabeth OS97

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 pm
horneldiablo
nitnit

Agreed. The WiFi on Mario Kart is awesome.

ya and that maybe the only game with good wi-fi. Every other game that I've played on the Wii that uses wi-fi sucks. And my connection is facking great i tell you!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:37 pm
I own MarioKart Wii, so I know I can talk when I say this:
Pro: as mentioned, the wi-fi support is amazing. Some of the tracks are awesome, and the amount of karts and bikes available are cool.
Con: controls/mechanics a little too tight. One wrong turn, and the race can be all over. This is especially true in 150cc, where I can barely survive. And, as one friend pointed out, in multiplayer, it's all about dash-sliding, wheelee-ing, and drafting.

Some of my friends feel that Double Dash was better. Now, I can't really say, because I only played DD once or twice, but I do agree with them that the controls and mechanics are just a bit too tight. Still, MarioKart Wii is a good game, and the wheel controller helps with precise turning if you learn how to use it.  

laeko_randalis

Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff