SKS
  STG-2000
  L-A .357/.30-.30
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:14 am
SierraBT
ArmasTermin

By the way... many of these have a stud thing you can put on the side of the hammer to work with a scope, but aren't the rifles chambered and cocked by working the lever? You don't have to pull the hammer back by hand for every shot, do you? Because I sure hope not... every Winchester I've ever seen fired with only the work of the lever, but if so, what's the point of a thumb stud?

Yep, it's just nice to have the ability to have one in the chamber with the hammer down. The stud is so that you can easily c**k it while a scope is on the rifle and in the way of where your thumb would usually have to be.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. So there's a lever or a button on the rifle that safely drops the hammer or you just hold it with your thumb while pulling the trigger like a SAA?

Either way, thanks Sierra. You always seem to have the answer I need.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:33 pm
I'm always glad to help out where I can. smile
You just hold it with your thumb and drop it slowly like you said.  

I am an eggplant
Crew

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:33 pm
ArmasTermin
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin
Any other thoughts?

The lever action .357 does have a coolness factor all it's own.
So does the StG-2000.
Frankly I would figure it as a coin toss.

Did you show a picture of the .357 lever action that you're thinking about getting?

I'm not entirely sure. It could be any lever-action .357 really.

EDIT:

I do like the looks of this Marlin: http://www.impactguns.com/store/026495142001.html

But an 18" barrel isn't that long. More of a carbine than a rifle. I wanted something a little more long range.

This .30-.30 looks good, too: http://www.impactguns.com/store/026495015107.html

Love the gold trigger.

By the way... many of these have a stud thing you can put on the side of the hammer to work with a scope, but aren't the rifles chambered and cocked by working the lever? You don't have to pull the hammer back by hand for every shot, do you? Because I sure hope not... every Winchester I've ever seen fired with only the work of the lever, but if so, what's the point of a thumb stud?

The first Marlin looks superb.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces