Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
download help PLEASE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shmarty

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 am
Okay, so i want to start getting CC from sims2.com. BUT I don't have an account yet, can i still make one? also, can getting CC from sims2.com possible reck/ruin/corrupt my game or computer? Also, is downloading a full sim (anywhere from 6-11mb) a big download? My computer says is started with 1,024 memory so idk. After i DL a sim can i delete the sim and still save the content it came with (will that save up computer space)? Thanks for any and all help!  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:58 pm
Okay, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use the Exchange. Often the downloads from there will come with unwanted and possibly harmful hacks, as people are much less careful there than they are on MTS2/other modding sites. Unless you're willing to get the CleanInstaller, don't even bother with thesims2.com.
I recommend MTS2 for all your downloads. You get the best quality CC from there, and it's very safe.
And 6-11MB can be big or small, depending on the amount of your computer memory. There are 1000MB in a GB, I believe, so if you have a 299GB machine like I do and lots of space on the disk, then it's fairly small.
And if you d/l a sim, you can* delete the package file after it's installed in your game, but if you uninstall your game for any reason, you'd have to go hunting for that sim again.
(*Unless you use CleanInstaller. I think that reads it like any old download file, so if you remove the sim from your downloads folder, I think it will be uninstalled.)

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:12 pm
I believe hacks only come with houses/lots and I am only downloading sims, thanks anyway though!  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:39 pm
*Shrug* Even so, you can get harmful downloads or unwanted things packaged with sims. Also, the meshes for hairstyles or items often won't be included, meaning that they won't show up in your game. But whatever, each to their own.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces