Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Gay marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:10 pm
My religion does have separate rituals for gays/lesbians compared to a child producing marriage, and different Gods are called on for each, but neither is better or worse as far as I know. I personally think LEGAL marriage should be allowed for all partnerships of 2-5(or some other reasonable number) of adults who are sane, and love one another because they are really just there for tax purposes and so you can see your loved ones if they're sick or dying. For that matter, I think people should be allowed to put 10 contacts that can see them if they're sick or dying, so they can have close friends and such with them if need be. I do think it should be called marriage, as anything else would be viewed as less and treated as less. I do not think anyone but a justice of the peace should be required to sign off on a legal marriage, or allowed to for that matter! For religious marriages, it's up to the religion in particular as to what their stance on gay marriage and such should be.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:13 pm
Love is love. heart  

bobkitty1123

Daearen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 pm
Now only if Texas did the same.. I have no intention oif moving away from my family and friends >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:12 am
I hope our country will just let off and allow gay marrige in all states. Isnt this a free country any way? Love is love,love is a beautiful sacred thing between two people and who you fall in love with is between you and that person no one else. heart  

citrusrose

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:47 am
I know you didn't mean to- but I find this post kind of offensive.

Heterosexual isn't the same as child-producing. Homosexual isn't the same as being child-free.
Why should someone's mental illness mean they can't be married? If someone has an anxiety disorder, depression, PTSD or any number of other mental issues, they may need their partner even more to get through their struggles.
If love is love, why limit the number of consenting adults in a poly relationship? "Sorry Hun, I'm deeply in love with you- but since I'm only allowed to be legally married to six people, and you're number seven you're out of luck."  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games