Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Gamer's Corner
yawnz...VOTE FOR ME IN DRAWING ARENA XD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:05 pm
ForeverLenalee
Ronzalpha201
ForeverLenalee
LanceCalvis
Let's see I will start with the first drawing you made. The lines aren't bad and everything seems to be in order. At least up to the cleanup phase this is where you sort of dropped the ball so 4/5 for that. While your lines are well defined the shadows are a bit sketchy. It looks like you have good control but you are pressing too hard at random times.

Basics 4/5
Lines 4/5
Detail 3/5
Overall 6.66 (7)

Your second attempt was definitely better that your first. The base seems solid and the lines well defined. But the problem with this one is the top of the drawing is higher quality than the bottom. You have unneeded lines in certain places leading me to believe the cleanup phase wasn't executed properly in this one either.

Basic 4/5
Lines 5/5
Detail 4/4
Overall 8.66 (9)

uh... if u would plz read the descriptions on my pic, u would understand why it looks messy ><...

trust me, he's like that. still, a 9 is not bad. right?

the 7 >< the god forsaken 7 ><....

ehh, not comment there..  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:31 pm
Don't complain about the score you received. it was well meant criticism. learn from it and take it well. his grading was pretty accurate as well.

and if you're willing to submit something, you should be ready to take hits on what people think of it. and if it's not touched up? not everyone is going to look at it and sympathize. you can take care of issues like that in manual programs like paint, or more expensive ones like photoshop.

if you submit something, don't expect that everyone will grade more or less harshly based on what you give as reasoning why it doesn't look perfect.

~Rakiz~  

Rakiz

trish_lucky07

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:32 am
I voted already... 3nodding

good luck! ^ ^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:29 pm
Rakiz
Don't complain about the score you received. it was well meant criticism. learn from it and take it well. his grading was pretty accurate as well.

and if you're willing to submit something, you should be ready to take hits on what people think of it. and if it's not touched up? not everyone is going to look at it and sympathize. you can take care of issues like that in manual programs like paint, or more expensive ones like photoshop.

if you submit something, don't expect that everyone will grade more or less harshly based on what you give as reasoning why it doesn't look perfect.

~Rakiz~

yawnz... okay okay i get ur point... that was rather long and i got caught reading it when my boss was lurking around... stare anyways, thx for that, i really didn't mind it that much... just kinda acted like it :] ... i take criticism from my stupid boss everyday XD....  

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 pm
yawnz yawnz... so how's everyone doing?  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:58 pm
done voting. good job but i shudder at the lined paper. D: its horrible. overall though it was excelent work. good proportions and everything. good detail and pose. 10/10  

ZephrothTlngrd

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 pm
>< ya i know, it was a doodle but then it kinda looked nice and now i regret drawing it on line paper....  
Gamer's Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff