Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
The New Promised Land Times - Issue 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm
Jonnnn
nitnit
I'm fighting fieryblaze....

Also Jonnnn lives like 10 minutes away from me via car.

What?

New Hampshire is 10 minutes away from Easter Mass?
Something must be wrong here... Google Maps says it's 2 hours 30 minutes...  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm
More writing will be coming, not to worry.  

Karuta64

SwiftKronos

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 pm
Chaotix Bluix
coregundampilot
Nit finish your match so I can battle you. neutral

Be patient. Unlike your match, Nitnit and Jonnnn (supposedly) don't live that close, so timing becomes a little more interesting. neutral

I have fought both more then 2 times each.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:15 pm
but i love Billy Bob's Hunting and Fishing.... lol XD

oh, and i edited in my article X3  

Mazeyelle

ThePromisedLandMule
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Errr it's a good 2 weeks late. I'll put it into the next one, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:01 pm
Well, after reading the new D&D player's manual I have come to the conclusion that it is an utter piece of s**t and a complete waste of time.

I refuse to review or host a game with the new rules. I might host a game with v. 3.5 rules with the exception of adding v.2 classes and dieties and replacing the monk template with v.3, as well as adding races. That depends on my ability to find the older rules, and if I have time to play.  

Tyhoon

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:11 pm
ThePromisedLandMule

She had a article that was on time for the third issue, but I don't think she got the message to put her articles into the subfourm instead of straight into the newspaper.

@Tyhoon: Thank you for sharing my viewpoint! I have a friend who has been practically raving about the new rules, claiming them to be more fair and equal across all the classes and being similar to more of the MMORPGs like WoW and the such. Whatever he sees as so great in the new rules, I just can't see or understand. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Chaotix Bluix
ThePromisedLandMule

She had a article that was on time for the third issue, but I don't think she got the message to put her articles into the subfourm instead of straight into the newspaper.

@Tyhoon: Thank you for sharing my viewpoint! I have a friend who has been practically raving about the new rules, claiming them to be more fair and equal across all the classes and being similar to more of the MMORPGs like WoW and the such. Whatever he sees as so great in the new rules, I just can't see or understand. stare

It took me an hour to review that damn book, not because I'm a slow reader, but because every other sentence made me rage in the highest levels of rage possible. Once I read all the class info I stopped, placed the book on the table next to me, and brought my right palm to my forehead and just sobbed a little. I wanted this to be good, I mean really hoped and prayed that it would turn out great. 3.5 was amazing and I wanted to see the same minds create something spectacular. Those dreams flew like the Hindenberg.

Your friend is right, it is balanced among the classes like a MMO. My simple answer to this is that this is a draft of a new MMO D&D concept; there's no other explanation other than cash-milking to release such trash. If I wanted to have a WoW experience, I would play f*cking WoW.

In 3.5, everyone had strengths and weaknesses that made them have an identifying feel to them. You, the player, decided how your character developed, for better or worse. The DM had free-reign over the campaign and could make the characters think for themselves. NOT IN 4. In 4, the DM simply acts as a spectator that throws monsters at the players, as they grind their way to "epic" levels and determine their fate from one of 3 possible outcomes. The only difference between playing wizard A and wizard B is now their stats rather than their fighting style and identity. This makes playing as a wizard, which is an advanced rp skill, disgustingly easy and un-fulfilling. The same can be said of the Ranger, Paladin, and Rogue.

I can't believe they ax'd the Bard, Monk, Sorceror, and Druid. Then again, I am greatful that they didn't take these to the giant skat pile that is v.4 as well.

Don't even get me started on how they f*cked with the feats and skills; I might rage all night.  

Tyhoon

ThePromisedLandMule
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:33 pm
Wait, so you should only really bother playing as a Hunter, Destro Warlock, Healer, or Tank? Unless you PVP in which case you play as a Warrior, Druid, or Rogue. Damn.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 pm
ThePromisedLandMule
Wait, so you should only really bother playing as a Hunter, Destro Warlock, Healer, or Tank? Unless you PVP in which case you play as a Warrior, Druid, or Rogue. Damn.
Druid got the axe, but yeah.  

Tyhoon

Mazeyelle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:47 pm
ThePromisedLandMule

lol XD i just noticed... sweatdrop

but sheesh, get it up already XP  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 am
Sheesh, get people to actually make things already -_-;;  

nitnit
Captain

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers