Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
CRAFT CRISIS!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:24 pm
I am in the process of making a lace item when I just barely spilled sunnyD on it and my skein of crochet thread.

HELP!!! WHAT DO I DO?  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:28 pm
Wow, nothing sucks more than when you have a crisis and no one will answer. We need to step up people! there are over 1000+ members here and this post hasn't been responded to for 6 days!
Ok, so, I hope you found a remedy and disaster has been adverted by now, but just in case, I found this article...
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1327694/grandmas_stain_busters_still_work_in_modern_times/

Also, if you have any fabric stores near you you may be able to find something there. I remember hearing about some stain remover, but for the life of me I can't find the name of it. I'm so sorry! I hope this info at least helps if you have another accident (I'm hoping you don't though!).  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:21 pm
uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh can you bleach it ?????? if you can that would be good but otherwise i have no idea sorry. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:08 am
I haven't been on Gaia for a couple weeks -- I wish I caught this sooner!

By now this may not be of much help, but if it's something that might be washable when you're done, I would spray the hell out of it with shout or a similar stain treatment now and, the second you're done, wash wash wash it!  

JJKo

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm
I ended up unraveling the skein of yarn until the stained portions were off of it and I cut if off and threw it away. I had more than plenty to do this with . (almost a full skein) i don't do eniough lace work to justify keeping it all. But thanks to all fo you for answeoring in your own timley manners. !  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:24 am
For future reference you could have probably used Orvus and some water and taken it right out. It is what most cross stitchers use to clean their work.  

jojo_da_crow

Divine Nymph

4,375 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items