Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaiaholics Anonymous - Addicts Welcome

Back to Guilds

A guild for Gaiaholics and Gaia Addicts alike 

Tags: Gaia, Gaiaholics, Anonymous, Addicts 

Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Picture post, people don't like anime there anymore?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:14 am
So people the last few times i've posted art in the picture post threads. People reviewing it instead of telling me "oh it bad you can improve like this or its good but ... blah blah." Have been attacking the fact its anime/manga style. Which I find very odd as gaia started out as anime forum. I dont mind if people dont like that style but that wasnt what i was asking them to review! I was asking what I could improve in terms of colouring, porptions, etc. Not if they like anime style.
Any who do you think this matters?
Have you ever had your art/views put down just beacuse you like anime or any thing else.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:30 am
User Image

who knows why so many people seem to be turning thier backs on anime . . . i still love it . . . though there are some styles of it i don't like . . . but style doesn't matter when asking on how to improve . . . the style is the person's alone . . .

________________________________________________________________________________

User Image  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 am
I don't like anime in common. I hate when people squeel over something just because it's fashionable... I like some animes as I like some western cartoons, not because it's anime. It's not all good... some of it is actually really bad. (I'm very picky with what I consider good)

but but.. When it comes to drawing, (and I know a lot about it, I've studied ten years of arts) I like to give proper critisism and not to say somethings bad just because I don't like the style. On the other hand I've seen a bit too much of anime based "styles" already and it's sad since people creativity and technique suffer when they just do one thing and won't try anything new.

I actually think that it's cowardly to call something "my style" if you lack the technique... it's like you're giving up. In art, there's always something new to try out. practice makes people better but not perfect..

Ok.. I got a bit carried away here.

So.. No is the answer to the question, I've never been put down because of my art. I've tried various techniques and styles, but when I draw for fun, I also tend to return to my own "style". I myself like to draw more realistic people. I think that person who commented on you must be tired of all this anime styled stuff going around...

Sorry for the long post sweatdrop There might be typos, I'm too tired at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
User Image

i once submitted this

User Image

to the art arena and they refused to use it cause of "religous conotations(sp?)" or some s**t. yet i've entered a tribal design of a cross and they were fine with it. stare

User Image

Faerdra

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:46 pm
@Faedra: Maybe because of the Pentacle?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm
User Image

i know that's why. it just pissed me off that they wouldn't accept this, yet i drew a cross and they took that, idk, i'm sour about people not accepting things that are wiccan. xD

User Image

Faerdra

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:32 pm
I know. It irritates me too, because for a while I doodled a pentacle on my hand, as well as doodling a bracelet that said 'WICCA' on it, and almost everyday, by the end of the school day, I get one of the following reactions:

From Teachers:

Wash it off
Don't do it again

From Students:

WTH?
Devil Worshipper...
Witch
Wierdo

I actually sort of enjoy it of the call me a witch xD;; I believe in all that stuff, so I have no problems with being called a Witch, in fact while it's a misconception, it is actually something of a good comment for me.

Of course, I guess via blood I am Wiccan, because my sister is Wiccan (she 'plays' with Ouija board, see stuff in her dreams, not to mention her Tarot Card reading are creepily accurate.... o-o ) and my mom, if she concentrates long enough, can move her door about half an inch. (I haven't tried this, though something in me tells me I could do it if I wanted to....)  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm
User Image

i used to get the same reactions in HS. i wore a pentacle necklace to school every day and was always doodling designs with them in it. i once had a teacher threaten to send me to the principle cause she thought i was putting a curse on her or something. stupid b***h.

and your sister needs to watch out "playing" with a Ouija board can be really dangerous, you might let something in that you don't want there...

User Image

Faerdra

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:44 pm
She is careful. I sort of wish my mom would start playing with it, though. She might do the world a favor and end up killing herself. Oh, not to mention the red snake eyes that stalked me in my pictures when I was a baby... that still creeps me out... and in one of my baby pictures, I think my dead grandma showed up ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 pm
People ditch anime because of the proportions
they tend to be very unrealistic =/

People almost never say anything bad about my work, but mostly because is all 3D representations  

Asury

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:20 pm
Asury
People ditch anime because of the proportions
they tend to be very unrealistic =/

People almost never say anything bad about my work, but mostly because is all 3D representations

Well thats the funny thing they never say my work is bad, they just go on a rant on how they dont like anime. And should draw realism instead, which I used to do but moved on to manga/anime style. I dont call it my style but the style I draw in/is influnced by.
And to the whole pentacle I used to wear one to school and get told to take it off but agrued that your allowed to wear cross's. And it was my reilgous right to wear one I won! But I did get in alot of trouble for bring my tarot cards into school  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 pm
I want some Tarot cards, but my dad says that I can't have any unless I'm buying them with my own money... and I can't find anywhere in Minnesota that sells Tarot cards... xP  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 pm
Areku-chan-desu
I want some Tarot cards, but my dad says that I can't have any unless I'm buying them with my own money... and I can't find anywhere in Minnesota that sells Tarot cards... xP

You should never buy your own card its bad luck. Mine were brought for me by my Dad (he also have his own set). alot of new age or crystal stores sell them. I love crystals and crystal healing too. I have a huge welcome stone by my front door  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:28 am
User Image

i've seen tarrot card sets at barnes n noble of all places. xD

User Image

Faerdra

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items