Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
likable interesting charectors?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tansyuduri

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:26 pm
somehow i cant make my charectors realy likable i mean they are boring plus i cant write shy charectos I like my rp and fanfic charectors and they are fun to write but what about the others what am i doing wrong! whats the problum

HELP!  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:36 pm
An interesting plotline helps. I say that because making characters act in strang and sometimes humorous ways helps keep them interesting. Give them funny traits or quirks. *shrugs* just trying to help out here. The characters I'm working on are interesting to me, thoug everyone has their own ideas.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:21 am
Hm...Well, for me, I think of my stories as a roleplay with one person - myself. I always make character profiles, for my novels, especially if I have more than one major character. Character profiles help you to develop/change your character, and also so you can keep all your characters 'in character.' Complex character are always interesting, to me at least. wink

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:43 pm
i tried charector sheets

hmmm what do you meen by quirks?  

tansyuduri

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Quirks, things or habits that make them different from the norm. Just as an example from my own characters, I gave them both odd names, and put them in unusual heights. Even just those two things can make them stand out, only because the world might react differently, or they react differently to the world... am I making sense so far? Basically, just think of what makes humans human, and then make your character... different.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 pm

Give us an example of a character in action,
and maybe we can give you some pointers that are more specialized to your needs.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 am
Yes, I agree woth Irishroseh. Give an example of the plotline and character profile. wink

Oh, and if most of your characters are really...'different,' then you should make your main character so average, so typical, so 'boring.' Trust me; it won't be boring if everyone else is interesting. That will make your main, 'average' character stand out among all your 'different' characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 pm
User Image

Just a rather stupid idea, but maybe you should base your characters off some one. Maybe a friend, or some one on gaia. Watch how they act, whether they're shy, funny, or what ever. And when you get stuck, ask them what they would do. :3
Hope it helps.

User Image

high tendencies

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm
That's not a stupid idea! It's a good one! You could also base a character off yourself, too. And for split-personality characters, choose two people you know who are complete opposites, and base your character off both of them. One person for each 'side.' (Example: that stuffy, strict old teacher you always hated as one side, and that hyper, silly little sister that your friend has.)  
*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games