Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:50 pm
BlueAltitude
Areku-chan-desu
BlueAltitude
Areku-chan-desu
I don't have a job, seeing as I'm only 14, but my favorite subjects in school are:

Art (fun subject!) , Algebra (easy subject) , and English (really fun teacher ^_^)

lucky duck...
wait til you get to high school classes...
those are high school classes, genius. >_> I'm in 9th grade.

ahahahahhaaaaa -cough freshmen-
teehee
-skips away to avoid embarrassment-
*whacks you upsde the head* Yeah, and I'm supposed to be in 8th grade, got a PROBLEM with it?!  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm
lilartichoke

wanted me to try it out, so I went to our family vet
for a day. I grew up near a lot of farmland. We started
with a dog's teeth cleaning, intensified with a nice
vomit after experiencing the first cut into a mother
dog's belly bloated with her dead puppies, and climaxed
with an emergency farm visit to a mare whose foal died
and wouldn't come out. Watching a man cut legs off
a little creature while it was still inside its mother was
quite an unsettling thing. My arms alternately fell asleep
holding her IV up in the air. Needless to say I did not
pursue becoming a veterinarian in my latter years. On
a somewhat rambling note, "veterinarian" helped me
come in as first runner up in a seventh grade spelling
bee. I, now however, can no longer spell that word
right. hehe.

Can't beat that experience XD I've seen and delt with some pretty nasty things too. My first internship was with a horse vet and all I can remember is a sand colic case where the vet kept pulling out what looked like hand-fulls of green cement xp
Yeah, the job is a little over-glorified sometimes and not for anyone with a weak stomach. It has it's up side too. We did an emergency c-section on a dog with a breach pup a couple months ago and saved 2 out of the 3 puppies. Last week the owner brought them in for their first set of shots. It was pretty cool seeing them again and knowing those puppies were alive because of us.

Fashion design sounds like fun. Do you get to design your own patterns or do you put together the designer's patterns?  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 pm
Karma v2

Can't beat that experience XD I've seen and delt with some pretty nasty things too. My first internship was with a horse vet and all I can remember is a sand colic case where the vet kept pulling out what looked like hand-fulls of green cement xp
Yeah, the job is a little over-glorified sometimes and not for anyone with a weak stomach. It has it's up side too. We did an emergency c-section on a dog with a breach pup a couple months ago and saved 2 out of the 3 puppies. Last week the owner brought them in for their first set of shots. It was pretty cool seeing them again and knowing those puppies were alive because of us.

Fashion design sounds like fun. Do you get to design your own patterns or do you put together the designer's patterns?

well at least you got to save some puppies. That's awesome.
I am definitely not good with that first incision. I have to
look away when I watch grey's anatomy. lol.

When we are acting as the designer, we get to develop the
whole she-bang. When we are acting as a patterndrafter,
we take a drawing that someone else did and make the
patterns for that item.
So to answer your question, yes.

:p  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:25 pm
lilartichoke
Karma v2

patterns for that item.

I used to be really bad about surgeries. The first time I saw a spay I had to go sit down with my head between my knees gonk Luckily, I've gotten over it and I can watch from start to finish. I want to specialize in surgery, but it's pretty competitive to get into confused

Very cool :3 Have you ever seen people on the street wearing clothes you made? That would be pretty awesome seeing people wearing something you designed.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 pm
Karma v2
lilartichoke
Karma v2

patterns for that item.

I used to be really bad about surgeries. The first time I saw a spay I had to go sit down with my head between my knees gonk Luckily, I've gotten over it and I can watch from start to finish. I want to specialize in surgery, but it's pretty competitive to get into confused

Very cool :3 Have you ever seen people on the street wearing clothes you made? That would be pretty awesome seeing people wearing something you designed.

Yeah. I guess you just have to become a little desensitized, eh? How much schooling does it take to become a vet?

That would be awesome. I've only been working for a month and a bit, so no. We are developing a plus-sized line for Dillard's now though. I'd prolly be much more likely to see someone wearing some of that, when/if it gets picked up.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 pm
lilartichoke

Yeah. I guess you just have to become a little desensitized, eh? How much schooling does it take to become a vet?

That would be awesome. I've only been working for a month and a bit, so no. We are developing a plus-sized line for Dillard's now though. I'd prolly be much more likely to see someone wearing some of that, when/if it gets picked up.

Depends on what you go into and if you want to specialize in something. If I remember right, surgical is something like 5 years of graduate school including internship. 4 years down, 5 more to go... gonk

"Picked up"? Meaning some big company buys the pattern? I guess that's one small drawback of being freelance, but you really like what you're doing right? Gotta start somewhere :3  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 am
Karma v2
lilartichoke

Depends on what you go into and if you want to specialize in something. If I remember right, surgical is something like 5 years of graduate school including internship. 4 years down, 5 more to go... gonk

"Picked up"? Meaning some big company buys the pattern? I guess that's one small drawback of being freelance, but you really like what you're doing right? Gotta start somewhere :3

They don't buy the pattern usually. Just the clothes.
We make boards (sketches, fabric swatches, inspiration) and pitch it to the people who are supplying the money. Then we make patterns and samples of the clothing.
Then we show the buyer for the store the samples, and they order "x" amount.
Then we take the pattern to the sewing factory and they churn em out.

The buyers don't have to buy a whole collection. They just pick and choose what they want. That's all that will get made.

Does that make sense?
Who would've thought that making clothing would be so intricate... lol.
There's even more steps, but eh. I won't bore you with the details.

Oh it's only 5 more years.... and then a some. Is that why most vets are pretty old? lol. =p  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:46 pm
User Image

I'm currently in middle school and I love my English class. It has always been my best subject. I dislike math though.
I also love my music class to death. It's fun and Mr. Peteesh thinks I'm his best student ever.
Koo Koo ca Choo...

Intergalactic StarDust

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas