Reply 51: Philosophy.
UNIVERSAL APOCOLYPSE!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big J THUG

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:48 pm
In this topic just tell me what u think about the end of the universe.
You can put wheather or not it will happen.
Please support your statements if u can.

P.S.
U can do the end of the earth if u want, just support your idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:37 am
      Humans all die and no spawn is reproduced out of us.
      I'm pretty sure that's how it works - not sure how it's going to happen. But, that's what will happen to us.

S u g a h b o p

CheKage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 am
If we take care, there will be NO apocalypse. If we don't, the apocalypse will come from everything bad in th world. Which is from the world itself.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:41 am

By "universal" apocalypse do you mean as in "civilization ends" or "all people die" or "the world is destroyed" or "the universe ceases to exist"? The first three could have many causes, especially if we aren't careful and do stupid things, but the last one, I don't know if that is even possible. Is there anything that definitely destroys matter and energy, not just converting it into another form or relocating it? I know black holes will be the first thing mentioned probably, but if that is going to be brought up, I'd like to see a good, plain English description of basically how that works and if it is sure to exist by now. Especially I'd like to hear about if the related "white hole" idea is proven or disproved now too, because if black holes existed and white holes did too, then white holes could just be spitting out the same stuff elsewhere and not really destroying anything.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Emet_Paladin of Truth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 am
bluecherry

By "universal" apocalypse do you mean as in "civilization ends" or "all people die" or "the world is destroyed" or "the universe ceases to exist"? The first three could have many causes, especially if we aren't careful and do stupid things, but the last one, I don't know if that is even possible. Is there anything that definitely destroys matter and energy, not just converting it into another form or relocating it? I know black holes will be the first thing mentioned probably, but if that is going to be brought up, I'd like to see a good, plain English description of basically how that works and if it is sure to exist by now. Especially I'd like to hear about if the related "white hole" idea is proven or disproved now too, because if black holes existed and white holes did too, then white holes could just be spitting out the same stuff elsewhere and not really destroying anything.

I agree, you need to have a better definition.
to say something more... useful: I don't think it would be wise to get into the extremely complex field of theoretical physics just to hold up a single example of true destruction, which isn't even proven.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:53 pm
If there is a "Universal Apocalypse" as in the end of the universe, it won't happen. I believe in the theory that after the universe expands to a point it will snap back like a cosmic rubber band, condense and eventually become another big bang, thus the universe didn't end it just got recycled.  

RobX2000

Profitable Conversationalist

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Third Chaos Saint

7,150 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm
the world can survive without us the end  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 am
Everything that takes form must perish that's the nature of existence. We will all die and everything we see, love and care for will disappear. Its not really a question of if the end will come but when and how that's the main concern.  

legendary_pervert

8,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Reynard the Wanderer

2,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 pm
If you want to get right down to it, the universe won't "end". It well just change. The existence of life as we know it is a highly over rated phenomena and nothing we ever accomplish will change that. So don't worry about the end, just go have fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am
Actually, funny thing, Apocalypse doesn't mean end of, or atleast, it's origin is completely different. In the original language, greek that is, it meant the end of one thing and the birth of another.
So, it can also be related to the fated Mayan end of the world actually is the end of one cycle. In the Mayan culture, we are the fifth sun, or fifth attempt at human species. Each attempt was destroyed.
So basically, a universal apocalypse wouldn't completely mean the end of a universe, but the death of one so that another could be born. And as our beloved scientist have pointed out to us, atoms cannot be destroyed, but recycled. So, in a way, a universal apocalypse would be recycling our universe and forming something new.  

MemorysGalleySlave

Zan_XD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am
The structure of Reality is a constant underpending the brain has its own language the structured balance of the world.
the universe might destroy itself with pressure and natrual occurances.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I recomend you give some more explanation and sources for your assertion that "[T]he universe might destroy itself with pressure and natural occurrences." Without some more explanation and evidence, this statement you made can't be taken seriously. You may as well have just said there was a purple kangaroo in your back yard.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm
I don't really think some sort of extra-terrestrial based (That doesn't mean space alien, look it up) extinction-level event is going to happen, although it's a possibility.

I think it's far more likely that we will bring the end on ourselves, through overpopulation, or war.
But no matter what happens, an end is guaranteed, I can say with absolute certainty that humans won't exist forever.  
51: Philosophy.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games