Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
I donated, now give me your stuff!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Living_PLuShiE

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 pm
Just the other day some random guy sent me 300 gold through the trade. I pm'd him about it before accepting and as it turned out that he was expecting me to donate my shadow spirit in return! So I just told him to save up his gold and refused the trade. He was kinda sore about it too, telling me how no one would donate to him and how the quest would take ages. But still, what's the point of "donating" if you expect something in return? Asking is at least being straight foward. So, has anything like this ever happened to you guys? Did someone ever try to guilt-trip you into giving up your stuff? Just wanted to hear what happened.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:07 pm
nope . . . and if they did . . . i was probly oblivious to it . . . xd  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:12 pm
I've had that with art. Someone brought some art for 10k. Then kept bugging me for donations for afterwards. So I donated some item I had, then they went on to b***h that it wasn't enough!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 pm
o____o that is one devious beggar.
no, I haven't run into someone like that and I hope not to. I would be torn between yelling at them for lacking dignity and quietly putting their ambitions down to stay out of trouble.  

Neiina

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:43 am
I've had beggars who try to become friends with you first, they are very irratating  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:31 am
Parasox v2
I've had beggars who try to become friends with you first, they are very irratating

I've had that happen to me too. I'll be sitting in town and a person (sometimes newish) will wander over and sit down. We will have a short, pleasant conversation and then they will ask the question: "How much gold do you have?" rolleyes  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:49 am
That is so wrong on so many levels confused That's like saying "here's $10, now give me your car."

I don't accept donations from people I've never even talked to and I don't ask for donations, so I guess that kinda deters people like that. I don't even respond to begging PMs when I'm vending.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:36 am
Yeah, like when I was busy buying and selling the Prom Monarch Crowns, I got this PM from someone asking if I'd sell it to them for 1000g, when I was busy selling mine for 7-8k and I just deleted the PM because I was like '><'  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:39 am
supercalisto
I've had that with art. Someone brought some art for 10k. Then kept bugging me for donations for afterwards. So I donated some item I had, then they went on to b***h thay it wasnt enough!!

I would've been like "******** you".
And then put them on ignore.
Unless they weren't satisfied with the art.
Then I would've redone it.

I gave one random beggar a bottle of gold ink once.
Because she thought she could sell it for a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 am
Someone sent me a trade and a PM going "Give me a donation"
There wasnt please, nothing, I just ignored them and put them on my enemies list  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:36 am
I've given stuff and then the person asks for more right away.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:33 pm
Salmay
I've given stuff and then the person asks for more right away.

That's so disgusting.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

TakingOverMe...

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 pm
User Image

Ugh, wtfs. I hate people like that.

Someone tried to scrounge my Shadow Spirit off me, when I said no, they were like 'I'LL GIVE YOU A PIGGY PLUSHIE FOR IT'. They claimed they were joking, but...sheesh talk2hand

User Image

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff