Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Dress help please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

strawberry monochrome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:47 pm
Ok, I posted this in the textile forum in gaia, but I also figured I should post it here too!

Anyways onto my problem. .. So I want to make a dress that has sort of a corset look but not one. . if you know what I mean. . Anyways I don't know how I would draw up a pattern and sew this, it is confuzing me very much @.@

my craptastic drawing:
User Image

I also found a dress similiar to how I want my upper portion to turn out(found on Craftster.org, dress made by Vivifromage [her stuff is awsome!])
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:01 pm
Im only starting to kinda learn how to make clothing so i have absolutlly nothing that coud help you. 4laugh Dont worry youll get there though! good luck! post the finished product when you finish? i would love to see because you have a cool design going there. If i had to recomend something i would tell you to keep your eyes open for patterns similar to what you want and go from there. GOOD LUCK! 3nodding  

black_fox52

strawberry monochrome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 pm
black_fox52
Im only starting to kinda learn how to make clothing so i have absolutlly nothing that coud help you. 4laugh Dont worry youll get there though! good luck! post the finished product when you finish? i would love to see because you have a cool design going there. If i had to recomend something i would tell you to keep your eyes open for patterns similar to what you want and go from there. GOOD LUCK! 3nodding
Thank you for your imput, every bit counts! Clothing making is very fun. .easy to get into. . so is clothing reconstruction xD I will deffinatelyv go looknig through patterns now. . maybe I could modify one. .  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:58 pm
See, that dress is just one example of why I would be perfectly happy making ALL of my own clothing from now on!

I wish I could help you, but the only advice I can give is to just go out and find patterns of anything that has the faux corset with it. I've noticed a lot of Wal-Mart's patterns are very modern, and I've even seen at least something close to what you're needing. Of course, the patterns are really all wal-Mart has to offer as far as that goes. Their fabric selection, however...

I would love to see the finished project, too! biggrin  

loves_funeral_song

strawberry monochrome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:51 pm
Thank you! I will need 5to cck out my local walmart, I had found a pattern similiar to what I wanted but they were sold out because it was popular Dx but I will take your suggestion and look!

I will try to get decent pics of the finished product. . once I find a pattern razz  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games