Marketplace whoopsies.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 am
Couple days ago I went to see that golden slinky split dress and it was about 30k. I bought it immediately, thinking it might go up even more. Now today, it's down to 20k gonk

It annoys me now, since I don't even like the dress so much anymore. I'm just hoping it will go up a bit so I can sell it later.

Ever bought something, thinking you did a good deal, and then notice that the item is just going down?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:00 am
I bought some chess pieces when they were about 15k and everyone was buying them like crazy, now they're worth about 3k...  

Parasox v2

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 am
Alright, I'll share my MP major screw-up of the week.... gonk

I believe in keeping around as little pure as possible if I'm not planning on buying anything immediately. Sitting gold doesn't inflate like items do. So I had a bright idea and a good amount of gold piling up and I figured I'd invest in something to use as a bargaining chip when I was ready to buy the NM scarf. I decided to invest in a second pair of horns since they've been inflating pretty quickly. Bought them at 4.6 Mill, they went up to 5 Mill that night and have dropped down to 4Mill since then. Ouch... D:

Guess I'll be holding on to them for a bit so they can inflate again -_-:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 am
This one isn't recent at all,but it's probably my worst hands down. When the Occulus Magica first came out, I got one at around 15k. Well, I found out that one of my friends birthday was that month, and so I sold it so I could afford to buy them a Lunar Sythe. Worst idea ever. They'd have been much more happier with the Magica now than the Sythe. gonk  

Grunni AIDS

7,600 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 am
About a week ago I decided to sell my 7th gen Hermes and buy a 6th gen since, bizzarely, they were cheaper.I went through all the set up, but left the drop down on bid and buy, rather than buy only crying I nearly lost it to some upstart for 128g but after selling a ton of stuff I made the 80k I needed to buy it on a mule since you cant cancel items that have been bid on anymore. Then I found out you can accept bids when you want to, so I could have just outbid the other guy and kept all my junk. I lose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 am
I have to say ive done this loads sold a item for it just to go higher, brought items that have just dropped in price!  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:13 pm
eriwain
About a week ago I decided to sell my 7th gen Hermes and buy a 6th gen since, bizzarely, they were cheaper.I went through all the set up, but left the drop down on bid and buy, rather than buy only crying I nearly lost it to some upstart for 128g but after selling a ton of stuff I made the 80k I needed to buy it on a mule since you cant cancel items that have been bid on anymore. Then I found out you can accept bids when you want to, so I could have just outbid the other guy and kept all my junk. I lose.

At least you were able to still keep your Hermes and your gold. It could have been much worse. Good to know on the bidding thing :3

@Grunni: hindsight > foresight. Who knew the original Oculus would be so popular? confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:25 pm
I was a noob, just starting to get used to the market place. I saw an angelic collar and thought... "OH! ANGELIC ITEM=LOTSA GOLD" and I saw one that was selling for about 1-2k (if I remember correctly...) and of course, I bidded on it. Then when I got outbidded, I foolishly bid about 5k on it thinking the other person who was outbidding me would never bid that much. I've done the same thing with a racoon tail. stressed

EDIT: and Mecha form. I had 6k and I saw a MC and I was like 'OHMYGOD.ANMCSELLINGFOR6K!!!!-insert nooblike freakout here-' so I bought it....  

Lady Cres

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

Thrux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 pm
The latest is this, a few weeks ago:

I sold my Alruna's Rose 1st Gen so I can buy an OMFG. Worst idea ever. =_=  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:38 pm
I've done that with a few MC items.
Then I tucked whatever I bought into the depths of my inventory,
finding it months later and also finding that the price of it increased xD

So that's what I do now in the occurance of a price drop.
I just wait several months until it goes up, then sell it.
Hurray for patience xD

Beyond Betrayal

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces