Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Influence on this moment of history:Barack Obama

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How important is this moment?
  MegaSuperHyperImportant
  Important
  Unimportant
  Apocalypse Now
  fdsfgs
View Results

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:00 am
Ok unless you've been in a hole the past 72 hours you know that Barack Obama, the 3rd African-American Senator since reconstruction, Has become a "giant-slayer" by defeating Clinton once and for all.
Now I am not black, but this is still a moment where I cried because I understand that this is a moment that older americans thought they would never see, its amazing how this happened close to the 200 year anniversery of the end of slave trading in America.
Discuss the importance of this moment.....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:51 pm
so he won the election now all we have 2 wait til he gets shot.(im not against my own race i just kow humans)  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

UF6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 pm
Jariah Syn
so he won the election now all we have 2 wait til he gets shot.(im not against my own race i just kow humans)
Funny how the KKK back Obama.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 am
Looks like it's going to be an Obama-rama.

I honestly don't think it's going to have any significant impact...I'm expecting higher taxes however.  

Skizio
Crew

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:57 am
Only if you make over 2.9 Million......If you dont then you should save around $1,500, compared to McCain in which itd be about $500 less  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:15 pm
I personally support Obama, i think he can help this country redistribute it's wealth. Which is exactly what we need. Our middle class is dissapearing, and we are at a serious risk, or at the dawn of a trade defeceit. Our country is in a recession. The only point i truly disagree with obama is concerning abortion, I think it should be stopped, but among the candidates, he was the one who supported it the most. Which is why as a catholic, supporting Obama is odd, and as a cuban, being a democrat is even odder. But still, McCain is the same thing we've been living with for years, i'd rather take a risk with something new, than stick to the familiar and horrible.
(excuse me for any misspellings, i'm typing this as quicky as I can)  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:10 pm
interesting  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 pm
Certainly another shining moment for Obama: His election to President of the United States of America November 4, 2008. He is officially the first African-American president in our history.

What are your opinions on the outcome of the election?  

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jolly Prometheus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:35 pm
I expected it. I knew that the people wanted some one who believed in change, and I knew that John McCain was startin' to look like the bad guy being a white republican in a race against a black democrat. i was surprised that it was as close as it was.

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games