awsome
  cool
  o.k.
  hate it
  never played it
View Results

Yukroneanninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm
I was just wondering who her liked the game D'n'D(dungeons and dragons).
discuss:
...........d'n'd
...........other fantisy rpg's.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:23 pm
I've never gotten a chance to play DnD unfortunately. Hopefully with 4.0 I just might be able to eventually. My girlfriend wouldn't mind giving it a chance either, so I might be able to play with her, as well.  

Void Dragoon

Zimmian Zisk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm
>.> I still play second edition. anything else gets too complicated, and adds too many ways to twink a character. what fun is it to attack 6 times every round, always strike first, get critical hits half the time, never fumble, and deal damage to anything that touches you? not that fun.
but with a good DM second edition is godly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 pm
Zimmian Zisk
>.> I still play second edition. anything else gets too complicated, and adds too many ways to twink a character. what fun is it to attack 6 times every round, always strike first, get critical hits half the time, never fumble, and deal damage to anything that touches you? not that fun.

If you like uncomplicated, 4.0 might be something to try. I was a 5 year veteran of 3.5 and I'm still learning the new rules, since they've changed them so much. They took a lot off of the Star Wars d20 system (don't know if you've ever played it) and some of the most striking things are you only get one attack unless one of your abilities gives you multiple, abilities are broken down into at will, once per encounter, or once per day, and they've reduced the class options down to seven I think, but they're releasing four more in the next PHB.  

ciran87

Zimmian Zisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm
ciran87
Zimmian Zisk

If you like uncomplicated, 4.0 might be something to try. I was a 5 year veteran of 3.5 and I'm still learning the new rules, since they've changed them so much. They took a lot off of the Star Wars d20 system (don't know if you've ever played it) and some of the most striking things are you only get one attack unless one of your abilities gives you multiple, abilities are broken down into at will, once per encounter, or once per day, and they've reduced the class options down to seven I think, but they're releasing four more in the next PHB.

as long as I don't need figurines or a dozen different things to reference constantly, I will like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 pm
I play old school. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition. We haven't tried the newer editions yet, and I'm not sure if we will. But it's loads of fun. ninja  

Shiori Yukine

kissconcrete

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 pm
My brother and I started playing with a group of people he met in college. It's freaking awesome. I've only played twice, but I'm already addicted. ^^"

We're playing 4th edition, but they're all D&D nerds. So they've played pretty much everything I believe.

This video, if you haven't already watched it on Wizard, is hilarious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:59 pm
Never played.
Got a bunch of books (the only kind that exists here, even though it's been 3-4 years since I bought them, so when it comes to edition I don't know and it doesn't matter anyhow as I've got no choice)
And I've used the books as reference for anything RP.
I really do wish I could find someone to play with, but there's not enough people around here, and I can't recruit if I can't DM.  

aerion111

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:23 am
I play a bunch with my friends, it's fun mostly.

I always get to be the 'balance' as our DM calls it... he 'strongly' suggests a type of character I would 'like' to be... which means I get to play an array of characters.

Too many guys- I'm female(and vis versa)
Too many ranged weapon/squishy fighters- I'm the tank
Too many muscle heads- I'm super squishy and a diplomat.
So on and so forth...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:03 pm
I never played, though through conversations, I know a bit. I've grown up with video games and after that, the actual games look rather complicated. I guess I would play if someone took the time to teach me, but the odds of that around here are small.  

Alicara

1,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Vila113

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:34 pm
I'm a GM even though I do enjoy playing. Mostly I play D20 Modern. It's a lot of fun. When playing in D&D I'm usually a bard. I was upset when I found out that they weren't going to have the bard as a starting class in 4.0. But I got to play test it at NY Comic Con and the magic users kick a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 am
I play ever sunday.  

Stamm

Nymiir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:26 am
I play a mixture of 1st Edition and DnD Advanced (2nd).
I play some 3.5 now, too, because my sis's fiancee has 50 of the books you can get for it (I'm not kidding...).

I've been playing since I was 7, and I've had the same character.
She's only level four, but the characters level up slowly in 1st edition and my Dad was a mean DM. And she's a magic-user (sorceress, now).

My Dad had a character who was a bard named Bwana and he had some kind of enchantment that gave him permanent shocking grasp.

But he didn't tell us that, he just kept saying not to touch his hands and giving us funny looks. Until the paladin tried to shake his hand...

One particularly awesome thing about my sorceress, Gabrielle, is that I was lucky enough to get a pseudodragon as my familiar.
The pseudodragon's name is actually Sorceress, always has been, but I regret converting her to 3.5 because she lost her near-invisibility and now only has partial chameleon.

She is my saving grace because she has more hitpoints than I do. Magic-users are weak, so when I had 4HP to call my own at first level, her extra 17 really helped. And I still only have 16HP at 4th level.
*sigh*  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff