Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]
[AIM LOG] Training in the Dark (Mvua and Hakuna)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:37 pm
Quote:
Hakuna trotted ahead of her 'toy', heading towards a rather bare patch in the piece of savanna the demon-lions called home. She had no worries of the white and blue cub running. If she did, Hakuna would just catch her again. Though most of the trip was silent, Hakuna spoke up once they neared their destination. "I told you I would teach you to fight. Tonight, your lessons begin." Once the bare patch was reached, Hakuna stopped and turned to her toy. "You may be considered a slave here, but you will learn just as any other cub."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 pm
Inside, Mvua was glad for the recognition. At least here was some slight reason for equality. But she was horribly afraid as well, and unusually silent during their trip to the patch of bare ground. She noticed subconciously that the ground was hard; if it had been sandy, it would be a bit easier on her body if she got knocked around. But no, this would hurt. Of course, during a time when she needed some toughening up, that could be considered a good thing. The white cub stopped after her master faced her, and replied simply with a humble nod, "Of course, Hakuna."  

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:42 pm
Quote:
Hakuna smiled, almost kindly...It would have been kind, if it weren't for the cold fire in her demonic eyes. "The first lesson I have to teach is how to dodge." She sat, tail thrashing behind her. "In a fight, you want to bring your opponent down. But to do that, you must avoid the killing blows yourself. Which is where dodging comes in." The smile faded and was replaced by an almost scholarly look. "Tell me, if I struck right, which way would you go to avoid the blow?" Hakuna was curious to see if her toy had learned anything from the fights her cubs had gotten into constantly...still got into.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:52 pm
Mvua's eyes widened at the short flow of information as she tried to think through it all. "Umm...," she mumbled tentatively as she remembered back to when she saw Hakuna's own cubs tussling together back in the den. "I would go right?" She wasn't sure what the demonness meant by "struck right." To strike with the right paw? Or to hit my right side? she thought fearfully. She almost cringed at the thought of what might happen if she answered wrongly.  

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:57 pm
Quote:
Hakuna nodded. "Half correct. If I struck out on your right, you would go right with the blow...but you would also go down, to get out of the path entirely." She'd snagged a good toy then. Mvua could be a little...fluff-minded at times, but the girl seemed to catch on quickly. "If the strike was wide, reaching towards your flank, rather than your face or neck, you could also leap forward. A dodge and a strike at the same time." Hakuna herself was rather fond of that tactic when it made sense to use. "A strike to your face or neck can also be avoided by ducking back."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:04 pm
The young cub's mind whirled under the flood of information. She carefully visualized the motions in her mind, but they were likely very inaccurate. I'm hopeless! her head cried out to her. Forward, back, or down? Which way was that? She thought through the tactics, though little was easy understand. She was still young, though older than her master's cubs, so it was hard to imagine all of this at once. But Mvua dared not show the panic on her face and simply asked. "Could you show me, Hakuna?" She regretted the words the moment they were out of her mouth. But what was training without some action?  

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm
Hakuna nodded, and began to go through the motions. She explained what each was, how each was done. A couple of the movements would take some practice for the younger cub, since they required muscles to move in ways the younger would be unused to. But for Hakuna, they were as natural as breathing. Perhaps that was why her normal temper did not show through. Fighting was something that would never aggravate her.

Even teaching it felt natural to her. Perhaps this cub would one day overcome her. Hakuna did not mind. In fact, she got something of a sick pleasure from the thought. The thought that even if she was defeated, she was defeated because the techniques she had formed had been perfected by another. So in a way...she was not truly defeated...

It really only made sense to a combat junkie like herself, but she didn't care.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:05 pm
It was definetly getting easier to understand now. I must be a visual learner, she thought absently to herself as she tried to copy the moves her master displayed. Once she tripped over her big paws and merely tumbled into the dust, but hopped back up on her feet as fast as possible. Mvua desperately feared Hakuna wouldn't reprimand her for being clumsy. But, she told herself confidently. I'll know how to dodge if she takes a swipe at me for it!

She was still wary, and never took her eyes off Hakuna, but her natural cheery nature tried to shine through as she managed to grasp at her new means of self-defense. They were certainly only rudimentary at this stage, but it was better than nothing.

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm
Hakuna watched her slave carefully...and rather than strike at her for stumbling, she righted her and showed her the movement again. The knowledge that Mvua was her slave was in her mind...but Hakuna was a teacher, for the moment. She would whack her around once Mvua wasn't so defenseless. There was no joy in scarring one so unused to fighting compared to her.

"Keep practicing. Eventually, you'll get used to the movements. Practice every night, if you wish to defeat me one day. And even if you don't want that, for some reason...you will be able to defend yourself, should a foolish rogue try to swipe at you." She frowned, finally. "You are not a demon, but you ARE part of this pride. And THAT makes you better than rogues who think otherwise."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 pm
Mvua almost wanted to smile when Hakuna did naught but simply repeat the motion. She began to notice a serene kind of grace in her master's movements; like listening to a bird sing, it seemed absolutely natural to her. There was a lack of negative emotion and a sense of true joy, almost as if Hakuna was simply enacting Mkodi's justice. It was beautiful - and frightening.

"I do practice!" she said cheerfully, almost as if hoping for praise. "Master Nyota always fights me, and now maybe I can fight back." Mvua smiled, then suddenly tried to swallow her words, hoping she hadn't offended Hakuna. Nyota was not Mvua's true master, Hakuna was, though Nyota probably "played" with her more than Hakuna. The white cub didn't want her master to be under the impression that she thought Nyota had greater influence on her.

Mvua was humbled by her master's final statement, and diverted her crimson eyes without comment. She had been raised as basically the scum of the earth, so the fact that she still had some kind of dominance gnawed at her very bones. She had always known that she'd never be a demon, and the notion that she might be terrified her. Her thoughts were confirmed, but they carried a burden. She was indeed a slave, but that didn't mean that everyone had to scoff at her; it was the fact that she was a slave of such a prestigious pride that raised her rank, if only slightly.

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:15 pm
Hakuna raised a brow. "He does, hm? Well now...I think you'll give him quite a surprise next time. Never underestimate your opponent. That can cost you your life." Nyota needed to learn that. His pride...oft got the best of him. Even a slave, given the right motives, could easily become a vicious opponent.

"Now...I think I have trained you enough tonight. Don't want you wearing yourself out so early. Not before your body is used to moving in ways strange to it." But one day...one day, Hakuna knew the movements would be reflex for her little slave. One day, she might lose, but Hakuna looked forward to that day with a sick glee only she would ever fully understand.

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games