Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Past Threads (Deleted or Otherwise)
Interpretation Needed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngeredPoet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm
So last night I had this dream where I was riding one of my favorite horses at Westernaires (it's a western style horse back riding organization in Colorado) (his name is Strawberry), but it wasn't like normal. I was riding Strawberry around the arena, & it was a competition between my team & another all boys team (my team was all girls). The boy's team was wearing traditional American Indian clothes (there's a team that actually does this, but I forget what they're called), & my team was wearing a variation of normal horseback riding clothes, & the Westernaires outfits that we have to wear every time we ride with our team. We were all in the indoor arena, & the boy's horses were even all decked out in the paint & stuff that Native Americans used to put on their horses in war time. The object of the competition was to see how many of the other team you could knock off their horses, which is weird because in Westernaires, they NEVER want you to fall off your horse. They do their best to make sure you DON'T fall off your horse, mostly because they've had a girl die that way.
Anyways, so we went about doing it, & the boys team lost. After a rider was knocked off a horse, they put their horse away, & then they had to sit in a chair in the middle of the arena.
When we were done, there was only 1 boy rider left, & very few of the girls had been knocked off their horses. Then it was my turn to see if I could knock the last boy off his horse, & he had amazing balance. So I lean over, tell Strawberry what a good boy he is, & that we only have 1 more run to go, & then he nods at me, & when I sit up, I have this feeling like he knows how important this is to me, & that he's going to try his best to help me. I'm about to kick him when he runs, & I have control of what we're doing, but I don't have to tell him because he already knows. He runs right past the other horse, almost running into him, & I knock the guy off with ease (mostly because his horse is afraid of Strawberry), & then when I'm coming back around, Strawberry runs really close to where the back row of Indians are sitting. As we run by, I get the idea to try & take all of their hats off. Thanks to Strawberry being so close to them, I got the last 2 rows hats off, & my team starts cheering like crazy, because not only did I win for team, but I embarrassed the boys as well. When all is said & done, the boys get back on their horses, & the teams rally for awards. As the boys team was leaving, my monitor says that the whole team gets an award for winning, but I get another special award for winning with grace & full control of my horse. There was another girl that didn't like me that got jealous that I got the other award (she had been the first to fall off), but I paid no attention to her as I got my award, & then Strawberry let out this whinny of excitement that made me grin with pride, & then I wake up.

I have no idea what this could mean. I was forced to quit Westernaires in my freshman year of High School, & I haven't seen Strawberry in a long time. I rarely even think about him, mostly because when I think about my all-time favorite horse at Westernaires, I think of Apache. I even have pictures of him on my walls in my room, & his name is written everywhere.
Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm
Give me a minute, this may take a while to type up.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:58 pm
Seems pretty aggressive. Did you enjoy humiliating the other team?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:34 am
AngeredPoet
So last night I had this dream where I was riding one of my favorite horses at Westernaires (it's a western style horse back riding organization in Colorado) (his name is Strawberry), but it wasn't like normal. I was riding Strawberry around the arena, & it was a competition between my team & another all boys team (my team was all girls). The boy's team was wearing traditional American Indian clothes (there's a team that actually does this, but I forget what they're called), & my team was wearing a variation of normal horseback riding clothes, & the Westernaires outfits that we have to wear every time we ride with our team. We were all in the indoor arena, & the boy's horses were even all decked out in the paint & stuff that Native Americans used to put on their horses in war time. The object of the competition was to see how many of the other team you could knock off their horses, which is weird because in Westernaires, they NEVER want you to fall off your horse. They do their best to make sure you DON'T fall off your horse, mostly because they've had a girl die that way.
Anyways, so we went about doing it, & the boys team lost. After a rider was knocked off a horse, they put their horse away, & then they had to sit in a chair in the middle of the arena.
When we were done, there was only 1 boy rider left, & very few of the girls had been knocked off their horses. Then it was my turn to see if I could knock the last boy off his horse, & he had amazing balance. So I lean over, tell Strawberry what a good boy he is, & that we only have 1 more run to go, & then he nods at me, & when I sit up, I have this feeling like he knows how important this is to me, & that he's going to try his best to help me. I'm about to kick him when he runs, & I have control of what we're doing, but I don't have to tell him because he already knows. He runs right past the other horse, almost running into him, & I knock the guy off with ease (mostly because his horse is afraid of Strawberry), & then when I'm coming back around, Strawberry runs really close to where the back row of Indians are sitting. As we run by, I get the idea to try & take all of their hats off. Thanks to Strawberry being so close to them, I got the last 2 rows hats off, & my team starts cheering like crazy, because not only did I win for team, but I embarrassed the boys as well. When all is said & done, the boys get back on their horses, & the teams rally for awards. As the boys team was leaving, my monitor says that the whole team gets an award for winning, but I get another special award for winning with grace & full control of my horse. There was another girl that didn't like me that got jealous that I got the other award (she had been the first to fall off), but I paid no attention to her as I got my award, & then Strawberry let out this whinny of excitement that made me grin with pride, & then I wake up.

I have no idea what this could mean. I was forced to quit Westernaires in my freshman year of High School, & I haven't seen Strawberry in a long time. I rarely even think about him, mostly because when I think about my all-time favorite horse at Westernaires, I think of Apache. I even have pictures of him on my walls in my room, & his name is written everywhere.
Any ideas?

It sounds to me like you miss Westernaires, which is very understandable considering how much I know you miss horseback riding. Knocking the boys off their horses sounds to me like you're going through guys until you find the right one, but being able to knock that last guy off of his horse, & then getting a prize sounds to me like you're rewarding yourself for being able to live without having a guy in your life.

Horses are usually sex symbols, or as in the cube, your lover. Knocking the boys off of their horses could be seen as freeing the lover from the boy or freeing the boy from his lover. I think this is important to note, especially since you've done the cube before & know this very well. The fact that you & your horse were so in sinc could also mean that you long to feel that sort of a connection with some one, & you hope to make that person your lover, or if you have a lover now, perhaps you feel like you already have that sort of a connection to him.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's that you feel like you're keeping someone else from their lover, & that's why you knocked the boy off his horse. Do you feel like you're ruining someone's relationship?

I think that your dream is trying to tell you that you need to be alone for a while, don't worry about boys in your life right now. Focus on you & what's important to you.

As for the Native Americans, I don't know what that means, but it seems like a very important part of the dream. If it didn't mean something, they could have just been dressed in the normal Westernaires outfits (like Tenderfeet) (good thing I know all about Westernaires already).
What do Native Americans mean to you? Do you have a friend that is very into his Native American culture or something?  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

AngeredPoet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am
FaithBlack
It sounds to me like you miss Westernaires, which is very understandable considering how much I know you miss horseback riding. Knocking the boys off their horses sounds to me like you're going through guys until you find the right one, but being able to knock that last guy off of his horse, & then getting a prize sounds to me like you're rewarding yourself for being able to live without having a guy in your life.

Horses are usually sex symbols, or as in the cube, your lover. Knocking the boys off of their horses could be seen as freeing the lover from the boy or freeing the boy from his lover. I think this is important to note, especially since you've done the cube before & know this very well. The fact that you & your horse were so in sinc could also mean that you long to feel that sort of a connection with some one, & you hope to make that person your lover, or if you have a lover now, perhaps you feel like you already have that sort of a connection to him.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's that you feel like you're keeping someone else from their lover, & that's why you knocked the boy off his horse. Do you feel like you're ruining someone's relationship?

I think that your dream is trying to tell you that you need to be alone for a while, don't worry about boys in your life right now. Focus on you & what's important to you.

As for the Native Americans, I don't know what that means, but it seems like a very important part of the dream. If it didn't mean something, they could have just been dressed in the normal Westernaires outfits (like Tenderfeet) (good thing I know all about Westernaires already).
What do Native Americans mean to you? Do you have a friend that is very into his Native American culture or something?

I kind of do feel like I'm going through men until I find the right one, & I keep finding one that doesn't suit me.
I wasn't very close to Strawberry, but I felt like I had a really deep connection to Apache. I probably would have had a better relationship with Strawberry if I rode him more often, like I did Apache. I rode Apache for Interclub, & I felt the most secure riding him than I've ever felt riding any horse. I even used to feed him Jelly Beans when no one was looking.

Okay, enough Reminiscing. I just figured out where the Indian stuff is from: Gaia. They just released all kinds of Indian stuff & I want it! Must have been "Take out the Garbage" in that aspect.

Anyways, I don't have a boyfriend, nor do I have anyone that I'm trying to get with. I'm trying to stay single for a while because I need some "Me" time, with coincides with your theory that my dream is telling me to stay single for a little while.
I don't feel like I'm ruining anyone else's relationship, so I think that that's it, that my dreams want me to stay single.
Thanks Faith.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm
You're quite welcome, AP! ^_^  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack
Vice Captain