Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
Dressmaker's mannequins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sa-mi-ra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 am

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00002.asp

I made one for myself with those instructions, except that I used clear package tape instead of duct tape. It took me one roll of tape, an ugly tank top, an hour or so and a sore back for having to stand up for so long. D: (I have a bad posture)
I also think my boyfriend taped it a bit too tight, since it was pretty hard to breathe. But now it's finished!
I'll post a picture of my clone later if someone's interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:35 am
Oh, I'd deffinately be interested in seeing some pictures of your finished 'clone'.  

strawberry monochrome

[LadyRaven]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 pm
I'm curious how the body cloning would work for some of us who are a little more... ample... around the midsection?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 pm
I'd love to see what it looks like!

And in answer to the 'what to do for problematic areas'... You use smaller, thinner strips of tape to cover the area, from what i've read.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

willowmoony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:02 pm
User Image User Image User Image

This looks really cool. I'm not a sewer myself, or at least not yet... But I do knit and I want to start knitting real clothes someday, not just scarves and hats. I might just make this! Thanks for posting it! heart

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 am
I made one of these with the help of my fiance about a month ago and it works great... I didn't know there was such a tutorial on the internet, I came up with the duct tape idea then googled it to see if anyone had tried it. They got good results so I tried and it's awesome.  

pppinkyyy

2,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items