Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Advanced Witches? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you consider yourself:
  Beginner
  Intermediate
  Advanced
  I don't consider myself anything...I just am!
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:27 am
Lucas Moonrose
Turns to books once in a while for Reference when doing a more difficult spell. They're also Pretty solid on a path, though Paths can always change.

What would you define as a "difficult spell"? One with lots of... bits?

Quote:
Advanced Witches are those who have little to no trouble with their practice, who can Pull a spell out of their head when they need it. Are fluid in their Spell work, and know what they're doing to the T... Almost.

What do you mean by "pull a spell out of their head", precisely? I mean I know what you mean by what you said.... I'm just wondering, like, many witches who have only been practising a couple of years easily make them up as they go because that's their craft. My spells are all very simple and I generally make them up just before I do them. I'm not "advanced".

Not criticising your definitions as such, I'm just curious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Lucas Moonrose
Turns to books once in a while for Reference when doing a more difficult spell. They're also Pretty solid on a path, though Paths can always change.

What would you define as a "difficult spell"? One with lots of... bits?

Quote:
Advanced Witches are those who have little to no trouble with their practice, who can Pull a spell out of their head when they need it. Are fluid in their Spell work, and know what they're doing to the T... Almost.

What do you mean by "pull a spell out of their head", precisely? I mean I know what you mean by what you said.... I'm just wondering, like, many witches who have only been practising a couple of years easily make them up as they go because that's their craft. My spells are all very simple and I generally make them up just before I do them. I'm not "advanced".

Not criticising your definitions as such, I'm just curious.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's perfectly fine.

Difficulty: Lot of bits probably, But I guess it depends on your definition of a difficult spell as well. What outcomes are you trying to achieve.

Advanced: Able to pull together a spell under pressure and have it perfect. More or less on a Difficult spell as well.

Though it is still just a manner of Opinion. ^-^

Ahem, Could we get some tea?
No? Please?
What about... What about vodka?
Um... Brandy? Alright, brandy it is, thank you!

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 am
What are bits and what do they have to do with the difficulty/experience level of a spell? What is considered a difficult spell? Why is referencing a deciding point? I know if I'm buying concoctions (like tea and lotion) from a witch, I want to know that they have plenty of books at their disposal and they're constantly rereading that information so as not to botch something up and cause me harm, especially when it's something I'm going to ingest. Does this make them any less of a witch, because they double check? No way. I prefer if they do.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:37 am
oOGarrettOo
What are bits and what do they have to do with the difficulty/experience level of a spell?

My guess is bits = all the "bells and whistles", moon phases, correspondences, timing, etc... Or it could be a spell that has multiple parts to it.

I think in terms of a spell's "difficulty" it is more of what one is trying to achieve. It can be a super simple spell, but if it requires a lot of energy/focus/will, etc... then I might consider it to be a "difficult" one. Or at the least, one that requires that the witch casting has experience in raising such energy.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

pdguy281267

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 pm
I would say there are levels but they may not be the same for everyone. If something is beyond your abilities right now then they are too advanced for you. If you can accomplish something easily then it is probably a beginner thing. It is all based off your natural affinity for magic, what comes easily and what is too foreign to comprehend or achieve. So there are advanced forms of magic, but what is advanced will depend on the person.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Sweet: Thank you for clearing that.. I couldn't put it to words what I was trying to say ^-^;;;

Ahem, Could we get some tea?
No? Please?
What about... What about vodka?
Um... Brandy? Alright, brandy it is, thank you!

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games