Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Card Battling Games
Zatch Bell Card Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:53 pm
I'll move this to the appropriate sub-forum later.

I just purchased 20 Zatch Bell Boosters, 10 from the Golden Spell Expansion and 10 from the Gathering Storm Expansion. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and at a dollar apiece I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Soo....how do you play this game?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm
it's really simple.

make sure your first card in your spell book is a mamodo. you can only have 3 of the same cards in a book. everytime you turn a page in your book, unless it's from damage, you gain 2 MP points. these mp points are used to cast the spells in your spell book. each spell has a cost and must therefore be paid by MP points. you can turn a maximum of 3 pages on your turn for a maximum of 6 MPs. you can only have a total of 3 mamodo on the field at once. a mamodo can't cast a spell in an injured status, (card is turned sideways) and a mamodo is removed from the field if it is injured twice. if you have no mamodo on the field you lose. if you have no pages to turn, you also lose. intermediate spells can only be placed on page 16 or higher, and advanced spells can only be placed on the last 6 pages. the damage you or your opponnent takes can be blosked by a mamodo, or your spell book can take the damage. the amount of damage you take is on the bottom of the spell aith the book, arrow, and number.

point of the game is to keep your spell book and mamodo in play and take out your opponnent's book or mamodos.  

ravemaster47

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:06 pm
Spellbook? I think I could get a grasp of how it played if I saw it, but other than that I think I'll just move this and post what I ended up getting in the packs. Maybe someone can help me assemble a strong, (or at least half-way decent), spellbook.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Alright, this is the deck I have come up with. Could someone inform me if I did this right?

Nya(meow)
Shion*
Kyadopan
Baikal
Peruk
Paperuto
Come Out!
Brago(Gravity Attack)
Sherry*
Mochinoki Amusement Park
Mochinoki Amusement Park
Volcan 300
Double-0 Folgore! Super Spy!
Nya(Transformed)(ribbon of sounds)
Peruk
Baikal
Nya(meow)
Brago(Gravity Attack)
Sherry*
Giganoreis
Giganoreis
Nya(Transformed)(ribbon of sounds)
Shion*
Shion
Paperuto
Brago(Gravity Attack)
Prime Yellowtail
Dioga Gravidon
Prime Yellowtail
Dioga Gravidon
Sherry
Dioga Gravidon(Down Force)+

*From the Gathering Storm expansion
+Rare Version; 10MP, A & D

How does it look? Did I do it right?  

Tyhoon

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:00 pm
looks like you did it right, but the question is, how well does it play? i have my spell book set up to where i can play up to 4 bao zakeruga's at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm
It plays like crap; I end up defending some of the enemies attacks and eating the rest of them and playing catch-up with Brago's attacks, at which point the power level of the opponent either equals or surpasses me. I can hang on thanks to that nice last spell, but only for two turns if I'm lucky.

In other words, $20 wasn't quite the investment needed to make a good deck.  

Tyhoon

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:56 am
you probably just have too many high level spells. and you can have more than three mamodo in your spell book. i have two zat bells in mine that way if one is destroyed i have a bakup.  
Card Battling Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games