Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply BETA anyone? :'D (Fanfics, Poems)
Blood Plus: New Kiss ((yeah, another one from me.))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Omnomnom-machine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 pm
Yeah, it has the same title as a roleplay I started, but that's because I was basing the roleplay off of my ideas for this. This is just the prologue and half of the first chapter--figured I'd post it here to see what you all thought. ^^

Prologue: The Tale of Ina and Una

Once, very long ago, there lived a great queen who lived for many, many years, and never aged. She was so beautiful, and so loved that all called her Mab, the queen of Faerie. After many years, the great Queen gave birth to two daughters, two beautiful baby girls that she named Ina and Una, the two princesses of her faerie kingdom. The two girls lived by each others’ side, and eventually grew to be very beautiful, possibly more so than their mother. There were many princes that wanted to marry the two princesses, but the two chose only one. The most handsome prince in all the land—but he only chose Ina. Una was very jealous, and became even more so when Ina shared her faerie blood with the prince, making him hers. One day, Una became so angry with Ina that the young princess challenged her sister to a race through the forest. The first one to the other side would have the prince forever.
Off they raced, seeming to fly through the forest, but when they were almost to the end, Una tripped, and when her sister ran back to help her, Una thought that it had been Ina that tripped her. With her hands bloody from her fall, she scratched Ina across the cheek, but instead of crying, Ina froze, and her skin began to crack and turn to stone. Frightened, Una ran back to the queen with Ina in her arms.
‘Mother! Mother!’ Una cried. ‘Ina is dying!’ Horrified, the queen did all that she could to save her daughter, but Ina’s body finally turned completely to stone, and she turned to dust, except one beautiful, red stone. In her grief, Una took the stone of her sister, and had it set in a silver necklace, so that she could wear it for the rest of her days, that her sister would always be close to her heart. After that, Una disappeared from the kingdom, and was never seen again.

Chapter 1: Past and Present

The cocoon had been cracked once more, it’s silky strands ripped to shreds, now rotting on the floor of the sepulcher. Now, Saya Otonashi stood tall yet again, prepared, now, more than ever, to face whatever came her way. Her sister, Diva, was dead. She had been for thirty years now, as Saya had fallen into sleep only shortly after Diva’s death at her hands. Diva had been a menace, a monster, but she had been a sister…a mother, even, when she had died. Saya still felt her pangs of slight guilt about it, but she never let them last. She had done the right thing, and now she was living with Hagi, Kai, and her two twin nieces, Diva’s daughters, in peace. The two younger girls, Astra and Luna, were Diva’s two twin daughters that Saya had nearly killed to end the Chiropteran race, along with herself. However, Hagi could not kill her, and she hadn’t wanted to die without him knowing that she loved him either. So she had entered her sleep, and prayed that Hagi would be there after another thirty years, praying that somehow, some way, he had survived. He had. She had been moved to tears when she found the roses lying around the tomb, taking them gently in her hands and feeling the soft petals against her fingers. He had come not too long after, and found her there, laying amongst the roses he had left, still trying to shake off the remains of her sleep. They had embraced, and Saya had thanked whatever power that had brought them back together as much and as ardently as she could.
Kai had aged as well. He was now into his late forties, but still looked the same way to Saya. David, her former handler, had passed away not too long before she had woken, and so had Julia, but not before they had had a son, Richard. Hagi was still his same self, Saya knew, and she would always love him the way he was. The twins, her nieces, were aged to be about sixteen or seventeen, though she knew that they were much older by now. They had not hibernated yet, and Saya knew that they would not until they each took a chevalier. She was mildly amused that neither had yet, but she commended them for it, for being patient.
Kai had raised the two girls in such a way that made Saya proud to call him her brother. He raised them perhaps not as Diva might have wanted, but as Saya would have wanted. The girls knew of their history, and they were going to preserve it, like their father had, and their aunt Saya and uncle Kai. They knew about their true race, and they knew about their blood and the creatures it spawned. Saya was glad—there would be no more accidents like her and Hagi’s. She felt like it was a miracle that nothing like the past would begin again.

It was Astra who came into the room that day, and urged Kai to look up a new web page that she’d found.
“The Story of Ina and Una.” She said. “It makes me think of our mother and aunt Saya. Didn’t you say that was how our mother died?” Kai nodded silently. “I mean think about it,” Astra went on, “A queen who has twin daughters. Ina gives her ‘faerie’ blood to the prince, Una’s blood kills Ina. And to top it off, Ina turns to stone. It all fits with our kind, Kai. Don’t you see?” she finished. Kai nodded again.
“I’m not sure if we should look into this…” He sighed. “I’ll contact Joel sometime tonight or tomorrow.” He thought for a moment, and then decided against this.
“On second thought, I’ll go and see him tonight when you all leave.” Astra looked vaguely confused.
“’Leave’?” She asked. “Where are we going?” Kai grinned, and looked very much like his old self.
“Saya is taking out and your sister out tonight.” He said, smiling. Astra looked delighted.
“She is? Great! I know this big new restaurant…and there’s an open concert at the Barako Club…” she was musing to herself as she left the room. “Oh, right…see you later Kai! You’ll have to tell us what happens when you get back from talking to Joel.” She called back, waving at him. He smiled again, waving back as she shut the door.
Astra and Luna were two of the most beautiful girls Kai had seen. Luna, with her pale blue eyes, and her long black hair, she looked very much like her mother, but was much more reserved, and quiet. Astra, on the other hand, looked more like Saya, with amber eyes, and shorter hair. Astra and Luna were on two opposite ends of the spectrum—Luna was quiet and reserved, timid almost. Astra on the other hand, was outgoing and loud; courageous. They loved each other very much, and always stood by one another.

That evening, Saya and the girls prepped for the oncoming night. Setting out, Hagi on their heels, they first went to the new restaurant that Astra had been talking about—a traditional Japanese tea house. The food was great, Saya commented to her nieces, as she devoured another plate. Luna giggled watching her aunt take in her food, and Astra made jokes so that her sister could not stop laughing. Hagi even cracked a smile, to Saya’s annoyance.
“Oh hush.” She told Astra, but this made Astra and Luna laugh even harder, as Saya had crumbs on her nose. Hagi, smiling, wiped them away for her, and Saya smiled then as well.
“Saya!” Luna said suddenly, as if just remembering. “Astra told me there’s a concert tonight!” Saya turned to Astra.
“Is there?” Astra nodded.
“It’s open because the artist isn’t well known. I think we can get in. It’s at Club Barako…I think we should go! I’ve never been in there before.” She said with a grin. Saya grinned too.
“Let’s go then! I haven’t been to a concert in a very long time.” Luna smiled.
“I know how to get there…I pass it sometimes on the way to the fountain at the park.” Astra nodded decisively.
“Let’s go then.”  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:19 am
its ok you shoud continue  

mightynameofjesus

Desirable Lover

10,125 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

paper947

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:23 am
sweatdrop