Reply ~ Main Forum ~
the written word`

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

themagikat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:54 pm
woot, im in a creative writing class! anyone else in a class like that?

so far we are only on poetry but we only have one more to write and its gonna be the hardest of them all: 25 lines, each from a different PUBLISHED poem already in existance. sure some people could just copy and paste but the challenge lies in the meaning behind it, even if it is abstract.

any thoughts? suggestions?

ANYONE TAKING A CLASS LIkE THIS?!?!? tis much fun (and my teacher is a comedian!)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:59 pm
You lucky a** stare

I have English, not creative writing. I have a 2 page personal narrative size twelve font double-spaced due Monday. May I reitterate? You lucky a** stare

I''ve nicknamed my teacher Mr. Calm-and-Cool with good reason. He is always unnervingly calm. I don''t care if that isn''t a word. It is now. Anyway, he has an almost monotone voice, and he is always very straight forward. He scares me a bit O.o

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

BlessingUnaccounted4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:12 pm
I agree you are lucky. English at my school is beyond boring. plus right now were just reviewing. sweatdrop advice? whee the only poets i can think of are Edgar Allen Poe, Robert Frost, and Francesca Lia block, look to them. maybe youll get something decent. Also, it cant be much different from writing your own poems, sometimes i take words from songs i like and weave them into my poems. Try finding poems you like and try finding a way to make them work either abstract wise or a more clear meaning. 3nodding Sorry thats the best i can give you.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:53 am
.....*seethe* evil
At my School we only have English literature at A-level not English language which is what I got my A in so no more creative writing for me *seethe seethe*
Ever had to stay awake while the teacher is droning bloody Chaucer, Shakespere and effing 19th century authors you've never heard of in the most tediously monotinous voice?!! *seethe seethe seethe*
Not to mention the essays, a timed essay on a poem you've never heard of, given things to write about that's written in a way that is unitelligeble and told to try it even though you've no bloody idea what to write about.
THEN it's onto A clockwork Orange eek three essays on a book that's about violence, rape and drugs three things that I personally hate, and my teacher has a penchant for the 'gothic' novels......Frankenstein, Dracula and a whole shed load of books about necrophillia, rape again and guess what? Violence! Frankenstien was basd the first time round, now i have to read it again and write yet another essay on it stare

You. Lucky. b*****d

Yeah....I'm chock full of happy today aren't I? *laughs*

Good luck woth your poem hun 3nodding  

Isobel Bellamy

Ascher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:05 am
Back in high school I used to be in the creative writers society, it was much fun and stories were written and enjoyed by all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:33 am
I don't really have a creative writing class but I guess we do write alot in english class... The only class I have in english since I go to a french school.  

Dearest Darling`

themagikat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:57 am
our last poem we had to write had to be made of 25 lines each from different published poems or lyrics... that was hard.

now we have to make a radio show. its hard too, lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:22 am
I had to launch a new product into the market, but I couldn't think of anything, so it had to be bottled air. gonk

Kostbarer Alptraum

eereesa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:20 pm
darkdreams666
I had to launch a new product into the market, but I couldn't think of anything, so it had to be bottled air. gonk

Don't feel bad. At the St. Petersburg airport in Russia, they sell the air of Russia in a can...there's Peterhof, St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Pushkin all together!
As for themagikat, I do take a creative writing class. But I'm not your age; I'm...not in high school yet, so yeah...
My creative writing class is not at school; it was a summer camp thing...hilarious there!
"Nick, are you constipated?"
HA!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:16 am
Hell yes,
I have one 9th period this year.
First I thought it was going to suck because I thought that the teacher was just going to tell us what to write the whole time and I hate that, it tends to annoy thee.
But it's different and it's about the only class I look forward to going to every single day including choir.  

mee_shee

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:00 pm
How about Dirge without Music? Its one of my favorite poems.

Dirge without music
By Edna St. Vincent Millay

I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts into the hard ground,
So it is and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise the lovely crowned.
With lillies and laurel they go; but I am not resigned.

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew,
A formula, a phrase remains,-but the best is lost.

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love,-
They are gone. They are gone to feed the roses. Elegant and curled
Is the blossom. Fragrant is the blossom.I know. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses of the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

I know it is published. Or the Highway man. Such a good poem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am
themagikat
woot, im in a creative writing class! anyone else in a class like that?

so far we are only on poetry but we only have one more to write and its gonna be the hardest of them all: 25 lines, each from a different PUBLISHED poem already in existance. sure some people could just copy and paste but the challenge lies in the meaning behind it, even if it is abstract.

any thoughts? suggestions?

ANYONE TAKING A CLASS LIkE THIS?!?!? tis much fun (and my teacher is a comedian!)

nope  

Exodus2

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:37 pm
I was in a creative writing class at one point. It was fun, and I loved it big bunches. I was so sad when it was over. emo  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games