Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Cup

Back to Guilds

A place to talk with and race other Rallyers and once in a while there's a tournament. 

Tags: Rally, Tournament, Racing 

Reply The Dragon Cup
Speed Gear? You Decide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Speed Hacking?
  Yes
  No
  FLAME XOUL LEONHEART!!
View Results

Xoul Leonheart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 am
I will not state what browser I am using. My apologies.

User Image

As you can see, iShampoo a.k.a Bubbles, finished the track at "0:54".

Is that Speed Gear? You decide and tell me.

I accused him on using Speed Gear, and on his defense he says that he uses his Dad's computer, and to add, he also said he could increase his speed even more than that (faster than 0:54). Now, what kind of logical way can you think of?

Well as for one, we can consider the fact that he may be Overclocking. Now what is overclocking?

Overclocking is the process of forcing a computer component to run at a higher clock rate than it was designed for or was designated by the manufacturer, usually practiced by personal computer enthusiasts in order to increase the performance of their computers

Overclocking is not an easy procedure, you must watch your PC every second and look at the cooling meter. In this case, iShampoo says he uses his Dad's comp, which in theory, he should have an overclocked computer with a cooling meter above it. Now, there's a flaw on using overclocking as a reason, but first of all you must understand what are overclocking's pro's and contra's :

Users who overclock their components mainly focus their efforts on processors, video cards, motherboard chipsets, and Random Access Memory (RAM). It is done through manipulating the CPU multiplier and the motherboard's front side bus (FSB) speed until a maximum stable operating frequency is reached. There are several considerations when overclocking. The first consideration is to ensure that it is supplied with adequate power to operate at the new speed. However, supplying the power with improper settings or applying excessive voltage can permanently damage a component

This means, overclocking is not safe, it's dangerous for your processor/computer components and will cause serious/permanent damage to your CPU. Now the flaw for this reason you say? Simple, overclocking only enhances GFX Speed, which means it only increases game performance and Graphics Gamma, it does not enable you to do Speed Hacking, giving you boost and such.

This is my theory and reason, if you guys want to flame it go ahead. I'm just trying to make it clean for all of us. Racing is suppose to be a fun game. To test your dexterity and quick reflexes. Meet friends to race, get to know each other and be better together. Remember the very first race you won? It feels like you can take on the world and see if you can be the fastest. Speed Hack ruins everything, not only you've been beaten bad by it, sometimes people who races against Speed Hackers, often does not even know they speed hack. They loose interest in racing because they know they cant match up to that speed and racing will one day perish because of this.

So yeah, you guys decide. Is this Speed Hacking? Poll is up.

Thanks.

- Xoul Leonheart

P.S.

iShampoo does not know what Overclocking is. So yeah, think about it. What does he use then? How can he be that fast (0:54) and says he can increase his speed even more. Sounds fishy don't you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 am
*~*This happened to me too and i say to that dude it was Speed Gear and he got butt hurt and left. But i knoe it have to be cuz i have not started yet and zoom he gone and finished at the same time u put down for bubble (0:54) or faster^^ and i ask that he used Speed Gear but he say it was not just his computer was too fast i was like sure^^*~*  

xXx-aLiNa_aNg3L-xXx

Quinz J Morro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:59 pm
YOU'S A NOOB XOUL AND DON'T KNOW WHATCHER TALKIN ABOOT! D:<

{flame flame flame}

STOP HATING JUST BCUZ U LOST!!!

-._-. That didn't feel right but it sure was fun  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 pm
eek

That was... odd..... rolleyes

domokun rofl  

Xoul Leonheart

Quinz J Morro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 pm
Well it's not my fault your crackpot theories hold no water with me 7. In my opinion my dishonest opinion Ishampoo is te greatest racer on Gaia. He may receive some minor thrills from letting us race him on what we consider to be "his level", but the pure and simple truth is that He is better than all of us.

{goes to throw up after even thinking that bullshit}

-._-.No seriously I wouldn't put it past him to do anything it takes to win. And SG has been known to carry the penalty of viruses =D So I hope he IS on his dad's computer and viruses it up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:48 pm
Yeah well he started 4 seconds before me if that helps at all. I manage to figure something out, but have no proof yet, i'll let you know soon.  

Xoul Leonheart

BluDragon35
Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:03 pm
Speed Gear? This is news to me....care to elaborate on this development in racing?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 pm
BluDragon35
Speed Gear? This is news to me....care to elaborate on this development in racing?

Speed Gear is a software that lets you speed up the loading process of a certain program you want. Doing this actually damages your hard drive and processor because in a way it's actually stressing it.

So lets say your target on Speed Gear is your web browser - rally, you are able to speed things up depending on how fast you want it to be. You can increase your speed from 2x faster up to 217x faster. If you set it to max speed, on rally or in town, instead of walking, you actually teleport from one place to the other. On racing, when you use max speed or 3x faster than normal speed, you start 4 seconds earlier than your opponent and glide through the track like nobody's business.

That pretty much wraps up what Speed Gear is, it's not an illegal program since its a supporting software, but when used like this, it's pretty unfair to those who are racing legit without using Speed Gear.  

Xoul Leonheart

BluDragon35
Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:31 am
I see....that's really not fair. I'll have to keep it in mind for the next tourney.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:33 pm
xoul you didnt cover up your browser very well the little star thing on the right of you address bar shows it's ff your on XD  

Calamity Trigger

xXx-aLiNa_aNg3L-xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 pm
*~*heehee you got a point there...so I see using ff^^*~*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:40 am
wow that ******** speed gear has made some good a** racers loose interest in racing nd idk bubble is pretty good but theres no way he can start 4 seconds before u without using speed gear  

X-iLatiN KinG-X

ShadowSpikesX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Calamity-Rato
xoul you didnt cover up your browser very well the little star thing on the right of you address bar shows it's ff your on XD

What is ff???  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:53 pm
I dunno if its hacking or not but its not fair they go threw cows when I have to stop!  

The Quick Drive

The Dragon Cup

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff