Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
High School Debut

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:58 am
Story

When Haruna Nagashima was in junior high her life consisted of playing softball and reading comics. But now that she's going to high school, Haruna decides to put all of her energy towards getting a boyfriend and having the high school romance of a lifetime. To help in her quest, she enlists cute upperclassman Yoh Komiyama to coach her as she eschews her jock tendencies and turns herself into the kind of girl who can catch a guy. Yoh agrees, with one catch: Haruna had better not fall for him!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:59 am
Creator

Kazune Kawahara is from Hokkaido prefecture in Japan and was born on March 11th (a Pisces!). She made her manga debut at age 18 with Kare no ichiban sukina hito (His Most Favorite Person). Her other works include Sensei!, serialized in Bessatsu Margaret magazine. Her hobby is interior redecorating.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:03 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 13 volumes
Status in US :: 13/13 released

User Image
Volume 1
After blindly following the advice of fashion magazines and the like, Haruna fails to win the eye of any guy. Convinced that a coach is needed (just like when she trained for softball), she recruits cute upperclassman Yoh Komiyama to instruct her on how to make herself more appealing. Yoh agrees, with one catch: Haruna had better not fall for him!

User Image
Volume 2
Haruna begins to develop feelings for Fumiya, Yoh's friend. Yoh talks her through her first-date jitters, but is Fumiya the right guy for Haruna? Especially when they walk in on Fumiya and Yoh's sister Asami...kissing?!

User Image
Volume 3
But what does Haruna do when she does find herself liking Yoh? She starts acting weird and avoiding him, that's what! When he confronts her about her strange behavior and encourages her to be honest with him, will she squash her feelings or confess her love?

User Image
Volume 4
Haruna jumps to the conclusion that Yoh is interested in her friend Mami when she sees the two of them together. Instead of confronting him about it, she runs away! Will Haruna's insecurities end her relationship with Yoh?

User Image
Volume 5
Just when things are going well for Haruna, in walks transfer student Reona Matsuzaka. Beautiful Reona's got only one thing in mind--to destroy Haruna's happiness! Who is this vengeful girl and why does she want to hurt Haruna so badly?

User Image
Volume 6
A chance encounter on the train brings Haruna face-to-face with Yoh's ex-girlfriend. (Yes, the ex-girlfriend of "the beads incident" fame!) Yoh reassures Haruna that he doesn't want to get back together with his ex, but is that how he truly feels?

User Image
Volume 7
With Yoh's parents out of town, it's up to Haruna to take care of Yoh when he becomes sick. No parents around, huh? Hmm... But Haruna wouldn't dream of taking advantage of this convenient situation...or would she?

User Image
Volume 8
Yoh's worried that a freshman seems to have the hots for Haruna, but Haruna is as oblivious as ever. So when the boy in question makes a move on Haruna, how will Haruna respond? More importantly, how will Yoh react?

User Image
Volume 9
The school sports meet is coming up, so everyone's gearing up for some fierce competition! Even affairs of the heart become a competitive event when Yoh suspects his friend Asaoka may truly have feelings for Haruna...

User Image
Volume 10
Friendship and love are put to the test when Asaoka reveals to Yoh that he likes Haruna. To settle things once and for all, Yoh and Asaoka strike a deal--whoever loses the school sports meet will give up his feelings for her! Who will win the meet and Haruna's heart?

User Image
Volume 11
Haruna becomes worried when she sees Yoh hanging out with an unattractive classmate. (Yoh does seem to have strange taste in women after all...) She has good reason for feeling uneasy--it looks like this girl really does want to sabotage their relationship!

User Image
Volume 12
For Yoh's birthday, Haruna makes plans for the two of them to go on an overnight trip. Wait a minute... Overnight means...they'll be sharing a room?! Close quarters create an intimate setting for romance, but will that be the case for Haruna and Yoh?

User Image
Volume 13
Yoh faces a difficult choice: should he go to university all the way in Tokyo or stay near Haruna? Haruna wants to support Yoh's decision no matter what, but will her high school romance end with his graduation?

kel aka gandy
Captain

ellehciMMichelle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:29 pm
Great art and story. I love Haruna's personality and how Yoh cares for her as the story progresses, but of course they go through hardships due to insecurities. Its a great drama romance filled story and its realistic to me which makes it interesting. I really recommend it for anyone who loves shojo =]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:23 pm
I'm in LOVE with this series. I just bought all four that have come out today. Although I have only read the first volume it is truly one of the best mangas I have ever read!

mistedwings

that_aly82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:06 pm
I love the series too. Its so funny and Yoh is awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:07 am
This series is definatley one of my top five favorites biggrin  

risa_koizumi07

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 am
i just started thi sa while ago, and i reallu like it!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 pm
Oh I love how Yoh and Haruna interact, they make me love this series. The art is so cool too.  

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:42 pm
I love this series too! I only have vol. 1 though. How sad. I wanna get up to 3, cuz I heard it's supposed to get real good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 am
I only own the 1st volume but i know that i read more in borders while i was there!
SCHOOL!
RAWR!
it's been taking up all my time but now i have a break and i hope to start reading more!
I LOOOOVE this series!
;D  

Monstrasity

Aged Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

ladyathena12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 am
I have up to volume 7 and love this series! I haven't seen a couple quite like Yoh and Haruna. heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 pm
Hahaha a love coach, what an interesting way to start a series.
I'd totally hire a love coach if they were anything like Yoh.
(Especially in the way he dresses, very nice heart )  

babyteiz

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games