Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Magic Touch

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 am
Story

The star of her high school's Massage Research Society club, Chiaki Togu falls in love-at-first-sight with a gorgeous back - one that belongs to Yosuke, the hottest guy at school! Unfortunately, Chiaki's attraction to Yosuke is thwarted by her own insecurity and the scheming of other girls - especially by her twin sister Saya!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:12 am
Creator

Izumi Tsubaki began drawing manga in her first year of high school. She was soon selected to be in the top 10 of Hana to Yume's HMC (Hana to Yume Mangaka Course), and subsequently won Hana to Yume's Athens Newcomer and Big Challenge contests. Her debut title, Chijimete Distance (Shrink the Distance), ran in 2002 in Hana to Yume magazine, issue 17. In addition to The Magic Touch (originally published in Japan as Oyayubi kara Romance, or Romance from the Thumbs), she is also currently working on the manga series Oresama Teacher (I’m the Teacher). Tsubaki-sensei hails from Saitama prefecture, her birthday is December 11, and she confesses that she enjoys receiving massages more than she enjoys giving them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:13 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 9 volumes
Status in US :: 9/9 released

User Image
Volume 1
Though Yosuke seems out of Chiaki's league, she would do anything to give him a massage. The two eventually strike up a deal in which she will be allowed to touch his back if she can make him fall in love with her. What Chiaki doesn't know is the real reason Yosuke wants to hang around her: to avenge his younger brother, who was allegedly deceived and dumped by somebody named Chiaki Togu!

User Image
Volume 2
Chiaki and Yosuke are just beginning to heat up as a couple. But what will happen when Yosuke starts to feel jealous of Chiaki's handsome massage mentor... or when Chiaki is abducted during a Massage Club trip? One thing's for sure: this relationship is in for a rubdown that's anything but smooth!

User Image
Volume 3
The Underground Massage Tournament begins! The Massage Research Society Club is up against the Sazanka High School team, which includes Mihime--the guy who made Chiaki fall to her knees in the last volume using only his voice! Can Chiaki turn Mihime's strange power against him and lead her team to victory?

User Image
Volume 4
After a hectic period of work, Chiaki and the rest of the club go out for a wild night of karaoke--then decide to hold an overnight training camp and end up on a scary expedition inside their school! But the night ends in a way none of them expected...

User Image
Volume 5
Chiaki arrives at the enigmatic Ohnuki's Massage School, where she will learn a powerful lesson in massage--and in life! More lessons await when Yosuke goes on a sleepwalking rampage and Chiaki bumps into Mihime, who must once again struggle with his feelings for her...

User Image
Volume 6
The Massage Research Society goes on a camping trip, and when Chiaki and Yosuke are forced to spend a night together in the wilderness, Chiaki finally confronts Yosuke about the nagging suspicion she has that he's been hiding something from her. Little does she know the impact her words will have...

User Image
Volume 7
Yosuke returns to his childhood home to search for clues to a vague but traumatic memory. But will the past be too much for him to relive? This volume also includes a special story about Tanaka and Sanae, members of the Sazanka Massage Club, and the tender moment of Chiaki and Yosuke's first kiss!

User Image
Volume 8
Chiaki and Yosuke share their first kiss, and the sexual tension between them reaches new heights. Amidst all this drama, Chiaki decides to open a massage café at her high school's annual festival. In a moment of inspiration she decides to dress all her masseuses in tuxedos and all her masseurs in maid costumes. Uh oh, looks like Chiaki's magic touch just got a little hotter!

User Image
Volume 9
Final Volume! For a brief moment, Chiaki fears that another girl is giving Yosuke a massage on the sly. As graduation day approaches, she must untangle her feelings for Yosuke and tell him how she really feels. Love, romance and massage...the exciting conclusion to The Magic Touch!

kel aka gandy
Captain

cold2

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:58 pm
I like Chiaki she is sooo cute she is not annoying as other heroines r. I have vol 1 and can't wait for new updates on __. I wonder if this author's other work Oresama teacher will be serialized in the US. That series is funny too/  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 am
Oh man, I picked this book up on a whim...and OMG! It's so adorable. X3

I must say, it just catches the reader and yeah...Every time I finally find the volume I need, the next one is already out and I can't find it. lmao.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:30 am
sounds like a cool story, i'll go look it up  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games