Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Otomen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:23 am
Story

Asuka is a guy who loves girly things - sewing, knitting, and reading shojo comics, but fearing social repurcussions, acts like a masculine jock. But then Asuka meets Ryo and dalls for her immediately. Problem is, she only likes the manliest of men! Will Asuka ever show his true self to anyone, much less to the girl he loves?

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:24 am
Creator

Aya Kanno was born in Tokyo, Japan. She is the creator of Soul Rescue, which has been published in the United States, and her latest work, Otomen, is currently being serialized in Japan's BetsuHana magazine. Another of her works, Blank Slate was originally published as Akusaga in Japan in Hana to Yume magazine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 18 volumes
Status in US :: 13/18 released

User Image
Volume 1
Asuka Masamune is a guy who loves girly things--sewing, knitting, making cute stuffed animals and reading shojo comics. But in a world where boys are expected to act manly, Asuka must hide his beloved hobbies and play the part of a masculine jock instead. Ryo Miyakozuka, on the other hand, is a girl who can't sew or bake a cake to save her life. Asuka finds himself drawn to Ryo, but she likes only the manliest of men! Can Asuka ever show his true self to anyone, much less to the girl he's falling for?

User Image
Volume 2
Asuka's mother shows up with a surprise announcement--it's time for Asuka to meet his fiancée! What kind of girl does she have in mind for him? And how will Ryo respond to the match?

User Image
Volume 3
Asuka takes Ryo to an amusement park where he plans to confess his feelings to her. Too bad all the rides Ryo wants to go on frighten Asuka! Can he overcome his fear for the sake of love?

User Image
Volume 4
With Ryo's birthday around the corner, Asuka's all aflutter making preparations for the festivities. Best-laid plans tend to go awry, however...especially when Ryo already has plans with another man!

User Image
Volume 5
Ryo is chosen to participate in a contest where flower arrangement and tea ceremony skills are tested--but she sucks at those things! To top things off, the previous champion wants Asuka for herself! Does Ryo have a fighting chance?

User Image
Volume 6
Asuka's protégé Yamato has fallen in love with a girl and needs help winning her over. He pleads with Asuka to go on a practice date with him--and play the role of the girl! Practice makes perfect, but will that be the case for Yamato?

User Image
Volume 7
Asuka's friend Juta needs to keep his identity as renowned shojo author Jewel Sachihana a secret, so why is he agreeing to do an autograph session?! The answer may lie with a letter from a certain fan...

User Image
Volume 8
Ryo's grandfather becomes ill, so she decides to move to Fukuoka to take care of him. With Ryo transferring schools, does this mean that Asuka will have to bid farewell to his love…forever?

User Image
Volume 9
An anti-otomen campaign takes over the school! Asuka's cousin and campaign enforcer Kasuga Masamune starts hunting down boys who have even an ounce of girly traits in them--and his first target is...?!

User Image
Volume 10
A potion at school causes all the guys to act manly and all the girls to act feminine! Suddenly, Asuka loses interest in all the girly hobbies he loves, and Ryo is working at a bakery?! Can anything break the spell they're under and turn them back to normal?

User Image
Volume 11
Asuka engages in a battle with Suzaki Oji to see who will get the most Valentine's Day chocolates! As Oji seduces girls left and right into giving him chocolates, Asuka wonders one thing--who will Ryo give her chocolates to?

User Image
Volume 12
Secretly taking a baking class for men, Asuka is relieved that there’s a safe haven where he doesn’t need to hide his girly side from his anti-otomen mother. But when she finds out that he’s been attending this class, things get set to explode!

User Image
Volume 13
Ryo ends up coaching a high school judo team, but women aren’t allowed at that school! She finds a way around this obstacle, but the real challenge comes when she finds herself facing off against...Asuka?!

User Image
Volume 14 - coming soon
summary coming soon.

Volume 15 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 16 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 17 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 18 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm
Ooh, yay. I found it. I was wondering if there was a topic for Otomen or not. This manga is... funny? I think its a good story- 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 am
I think it's funny as well. I'm waaaay behind on releases, but I really like it. :]

kel aka gandy
Captain

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 pm
Ha ha... I just read volume 6.
The storyline has gotten much more interesting, too (:  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 am
oooh~ That's exciting! : D I only have 1-3, so I really need to catch up! xD

kel aka gandy
Captain

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 am
kel aka gandy

Yay. I only have two volumes so far...
I had to buy textbooks for college, my manga budget is shot.
crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:56 am
Caramel Kisses
kel aka gandy

Yay. I only have two volumes so far...
I had to buy textbooks for college, my manga budget is shot.
crying

I actually bought 4 and 5 too like the day after I posted that! xD

My parents are awesome and pay for my college books, so my manga budget didn't get hit too bad. (I'm mostly using eBay right now though to try and save some money!)

kel aka gandy
Captain

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games