Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diviine_Venom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:11 pm
Well i keep getting this error-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And then the sims 2 will quit. And no lol it aint the binoculars that does it. And idk why, its like everytime i start to get into my game and get all of my stuff going it does this. Like when this happened i was putting my clutter together just the way i like it and BAM it does this.

Can anyone help me fix this?
Or tell me whats wrong with it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:41 pm
Maybe some of your custom content is wonky? confused  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:24 am
Well it looks like your custom content is bad... delete the binoculars.. and more. Why don't you download that cleaning organize thing from thesims2.com... it tells you if your CC is damaged. (Sorry forgot what it was called.)

Also.. how long do you play the game for? I know I can only play on my pc for 2-3 hours or it'll get real slow n crash.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:32 am
Chef Tine
Well it looks like your custom content is bad... delete the binoculars.. and more. Why don't you download that cleaning organize thing from thesims2.com... it tells you if your CC is damaged. (Sorry forgot what it was called.)

Also.. how long do you play the game for? I know I can only play on my pc for 2-3 hours or it'll get real slow n crash.

Well i bealive everything is on high. Should i like move some things down to like medium or something? I only played for like not even an hour last nite.
So can u send me the link the CC file thingy xD

Update- Just like an hour ago i went into my CC and put everything down to medium. And i went into my house and then clicked on buy then bam it said the erroe thing again.  

Diviine_Venom

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:54 am
Type of computer? RAM? Graphics card? OS? List please.

I had the same error, it turned out to be a combined problem of me not having my computer upgraded to vista, my graphics card going wonky because it needed directx 10 and some content from peggy sims downloads.

Do you keep your custom content organized in separate folders? Like everything from modthesims2.com I keep in one folder and things from kamikitten I keep in another, so on.

If not, I recommend you start.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Well that's good that you have things set on medium.. that helps. But if it crashes when you go to buy something... it's definetely your CC. Delete your most recent files and the game should work properly again.

I think this is it..

You might need to make account here if you dont have one already.  

Chef Tine

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:16 am
You could also try following this help tutorial at MTS2 http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games